Felt Tip Pen Brush

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
BenEcosse

Felt Tip Pen Brush

Post by BenEcosse »

I've created a brush. I've exported it in a tool bar as a TVPX file as explained in the Manual but when I come to import it - it doesn't show up in my Custom Panels. Can anyone help?
Last edited by BenEcosse on 05 May 2016, 11:09, edited 4 times in total.
ZigOtto

Re: Felt Tip Pen Brush

Post by ZigOtto »

BenEcosse wrote:... I've created a brush. I've exported it in a tool bar as a TVPX file as explained in the Manual but when I come to import it - it doesn't show up in my Custom Panels. Can anyone help?
after loading your tvpx file, when you RMB-click on the Custom Panel icon from the main bar, didn't the name of your CP appear in the list ?
if yes, just check it ON to make it open, it should be placed in your CP bin right-side, or somewhere else on your tvpa desktop.
BenEcosse wrote:... I've included both files - and my first Custom Brush...Kid's Felt Tip Pen.
I got only your .tvpx file after uncompressing, and it doesn't work here,
maybe you can try to export it again at another place under another name ...?
BenEcosse

Post by BenEcosse »

Thanks, I renamed it and it seems to import correctly.
Last edited by BenEcosse on 05 May 2016, 11:10, edited 2 times in total.
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

BenEcosse wrote: One thing I noticed - if I delete this tool panel, then try and import the same TVPX file again it doesn't appear in the custom panel again. Strange!
Hi BenEcosse,
The panel stay installed even if you delete the panel. You must uninstall it before reinstalling.
Load the TVPX file, uncheck the panel and apply. And after, you can reinstall it.
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

BenEcosse wrote:... If you use the same name it wont import properly for some reason?
no, you have to un-install first (same process as for installation, but un-check the gadget beside the CP name, then OK),
after un-intalled, you can re-intall it again properly.
BenEcosse wrote:One thing I noticed - if I delete this tool panel, then try and import the same TVPX file again it doesn't appear in the custom panel again. Strange!
yes, it's because "Delete" is not equal to "Un-install",
un-install + re-intall + RMB-click on the CP icon and check ON the CP name should make the panel re-appear, I think so ...

edit: your last uploaded tvpx file works fine (intallation as expected).
Last edited by ZigOtto on 03 Mar 2009, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

Hervé wrote:The panel stay installed even if you delete the panel. You must uninstall it before reinstalling.
Load the TVPX file, uncheck the panel and apply. And after, you can reinstall it.
I think you should make a FAQ with this one, a very common issue about CP and tvpx file management.
BenEcosse

Post by BenEcosse »

Cool, now I know.
Last edited by BenEcosse on 05 May 2016, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

This is a very nice brush. Thanks so much. I've been drawing with it all morning at 6% size.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hi BenEcosse,

Please can you post a picture to show us how looks this tool ?
Fabrice Debarge