Dry-checkbox Toggle script

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
Svengali

Dry-checkbox Toggle script

Post by Svengali »

With the TOOLS:Dry-checkbox checked, you can depress the stylus switch (right click)and draw to erase any pixels on the screen. After the Dry-checkbox is unchecked, only new lines drawn on the screen can be erased with the stylus switch, but any pixels that existed before unchecking the Dry-checkbox will NOT erase. For me, this option has become part of my drawing style and I used it quite frequently.

Since I couldn't find any keyboard shortcut to toggle the TOOLS:Dry-checkbox and since it's such a handy parameter to use when drawing I decided to write a little script that works as a toggle. But simply putting it in your George folder and assigning it to a new button means that you'll just be clicking the button instead of the check box - so no clicks are saved.

However, once assigned to a new button in an existing button set, the Dry-checkbox toggle becomes available as a shortcut command, assignable to a key (I use the backslash). Handy, since it works with MOST of the drawing tools (except Text)!

Svengali
Attachments
DryToggle.zip
(475 Bytes) Downloaded 346 times
malcooning

Re: Dry-checkbox Toggle script

Post by malcooning »

Thanks. it's useful.
It should, in fact, exist as shortcut in TVP natively.

as well, talking about drawing style, can you post some of your work?
I'm intrigued.

cheers.
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

Thanks Sven, nice little tool ! 8)

btw, is it free for anyone here ? and if yes, why not in the Contents Sharing section,
like your previous (TweenLoop + Outline Cutbrush) tools ?
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

M,
Yes, I think it would be good to have a Dry-toggle shortcut option added on the next update... And at some point soon I'll post a link to some of my drawing slide-shows.

Z,
Of course free to all! Maybe the moderator will be kind enough to move this to Content Sharing forum?

Sven