Increase and decrease size and opacity in steps

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
KenC

Increase and decrease size and opacity in steps

Post by KenC »

Here's a toolbar that allows you to increase and decrease brush size and opacity in steps larger than 1

I frequently work with large brushes and scaling them up and down with the bracket keys takes to long so I created these to help speed up my workflow.

They work no matter what brush type you are using, except when the brush type don't have opacity or size parameters.

They both have a config so you can setup your step size to suit your needs, this is stored between sessions in the tvpaint ini file.

Before using, click the config button and enter your preferred step sizes. You can change the step sizes at any time by clicking the config buttons again.

Bind them to keys with control+k
Attachments
kencincdecv1.tvpx
(234 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
There's no place like ~/
Elodie

Re: Increase and decrease size and opacity in steps

Post by Elodie »

Thanks for sharing your panel KenC =)
KenC

Post by KenC »

Whoups, caught a small bug with opacity for the cutbrush, all better now. Also added some icons so you can hide the text labels if you don't bind these to shortcuts.
Attachments
kencincdecv1a.tvpx
(363.5 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
There's no place like ~/
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

I use the Shuttle PRO v2 from Contour Design http://retail.contourdesign.com/?/products/23
I use the jog wheel to alter brush size....

regards,
William
TVPaint Animation Pro v11
KenC

Post by KenC »

How much is it? The store locator only accepts US postal codes so I can't find any prices or if they sell it in europe. Would be nice to be able to test it somewhere.
There's no place like ~/
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

I paid $150 USD... It is now listed at $109 USD

the shuttle pro has 15 buttons...
I use the buttons located either side of the shuttle wheel to page through multiple setups for software with current focus..
I have setups for drawing, and editing.. would be close to concept of rooms in TVP9... I page through different setups and button setting on Shuttle PRO update.
so basically you have potential for unlimited button configuration. Shuttle PRO also has macro capability .... how fast can you press a button and rotate jog/shuttle wheels?

regards,
William
KenC

Post by KenC »

oh I can press buttons hehe, online gaming, playing drums, programming etc..

I've allways loved gadgets. I use an Ergodex DX1 (http://www.ergodex.com/content12.php), and various midi controllers converted to send keyboard codes.
There's no place like ~/
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

You can get it at Amazon.de.

You can also use the touch wheel of your Intuos4 for your brushsize, Ken...
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
KenC

Post by KenC »

Thanks for the link.

Yeah I know I can use the touchwheel and the 4 shift states and all that but I never use it. It's located awkwardly for me, and there's not enough of the side buttons by a long shot for my use so if I used the touchwheel I'd be constantly moving my non-drawing hand from the keyboard to the touchwheel. I don't think I have a single button or combination left on my keyboard, even numlock,printscreen and pause keys are mapped to something via autohotkey.

Hopefully we will someday be able to use all keyboard modifiers at once, like control+alt+shift+a

I'm probably crazy :?
There's no place like ~/
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

I know what you mean. One can never have enough shortcuts. :)
Have you ever tried one of those game-keyboards? They have loads of these extra (programmable) keys for macro's, etc. But I don't know if they would work properly with TVP though...
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
KenC

Post by KenC »

Yeah I use this: http://www.ergodex.com/content12.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's great because you can place the keys so they fit perfectly to your hand. It has a built in macro editor but also a simple record button. Just tap the record button at anytime then tap whatever on your normal keyboard and end the recording by tapping one of the keys on the pad and you have a macro bound to that key on the fly. You can edit macros and change timing or create them from scratch. It even allows you to have one macro when you press a key and another when you release it. So you can have the color picker when pressed down and when you release go back to a brush for example.

The keys sit on these transparent plastic trays so you can print out what keys do and put it under the tray. You can buy more sets of keys and have custom key setups for different programs so you just switch out the key layout.

I also tried the nostromo by belkin but it's to limited and I'm a lefty so it's pretty useless for me as the sidebuttons can't be reached easily.
There's no place like ~/
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Can you tell us more about the Shuttle Pro, William?
I was never so sure about the space-navigator...

I've understood that it is quite hard to scroll frame by frame because it doesn't have a feedback for how much you've scrolled. The wheel doesn't 'click' if you know what I mean... Is that different with the Shuttle PRO?
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Wow, that looks like an amazing gadget, Ken!

Have you seen this youtube tutorial by Lemec where he's explaining using TVPaint with a Cintiq while he is sitting in a cockpit surrounded by gaming gadgets totally geared up to TVPaint? (It's somewhere on this forum but I can't find it at the moment.) I have a feeling you two should meet...
KenC

Post by KenC »

Oh yes I saw that one on his youtube channel, behind the scenes something.. Awesome setup.

I have a midi controller that I'm trying to hook up to TVPaint with lots of buttons knobs and faders but the midi to keyboard software I have doesn't want to recognize my midi controller because it's USB and not a standard midi interface but I'll get it up and running somehow, half the fun is trying :D

I've tried allmost all the game controllers available and the only one I've been satisfied with is the DX1. it just does everything right.
There's no place like ~/
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

I also use the Logitech G11 USB gaming keyboard... it has a series of 18 G keys on the left side of the keyboard allowing you to set up 3 banks.. this give a total of 54 G function key settings. All of the keys on the keyboard are underlit with blueish glow... My two yr old son cant keep his hands off of it. LOL
Attachments
Logitech G11 gaming keyboard
Logitech G11 gaming keyboard
G11.jpg (45.46 KiB) Viewed 2649 times