FigureFill - one-click to Fill Line Drawings

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
D.T. Nethery

Re: FigureFill - one-click to Fill Line Drawings

Post by D.T. Nethery »

lookatme wrote: Thank you so much!
You have been extremely helpful and I'll definitely try updating (i'v been putting it off for a while now)

P.S. No I'm not an idiot stealing the software...
Thanks for replying though, appreciate it

Hi, Lookatme-

Ok. I'm glad to know you have a legitimate license of TVPaint 10. I'm sorry if I insulted you by implying that you might be using a Cracked version , but you would be surprised how often that happens and how much time some of us here on the forum have wasted trying to help people who turn out to be using a cracked version. (and there's a well-known cracked version of the version you have , 10.0.16 , so ... ) But for you as a registered user the update is easy and free , so get the latest version and you will have the FILL INSIDE function you are looking for. :D

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
daninski

Post by daninski »

I'm having trouble getting this to work on 11.0.2... I've got a layer with a pencil shape on it, and a fill layer under it but when I click outside the shape on the layer with the shape on it nothing seems to happen... :'(
http://www.daninski.com
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

daninski wrote:I'm having trouble getting this to work on 11.0.2... I've got a layer with a pencil shape on it, and a fill layer under it but when I click outside the shape on the layer with the shape on it nothing seems to happen... :'(
Do you mean you're trying to use the FigureFill shortcut by Svengali (from 3 years ago) in TVPaint 11.0.2 ? It probably doesn't work with TVPaint 11, because it was written for TVPaint 9 and 10 ... BUT the good news is that what FigFill does is the same thing that can be accomplished with the CTG layer in TVPaint 11.

OR do you mean the Filled Rectangle with "Fill Inside" enabled ? Is the fill layer SOURCE set to ABOVE ?

Please post a screen shot of what you're trying to do.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

daninski wrote:I'm having trouble getting this to work on 11.0.2... I've got a layer with a pencil shape on it, and a fill layer under it but when I click outside the shape on the layer with the shape on it nothing seems to happen... :'(
Changes in TVPaint 11 have made FigureFill obsolete.

Instead, Choose Filled-Stroke and make sure to check the box labeled FILL INSIDE. Then simply circle the shapes you want to have filled with the APen color. It's much easier to use and much more sophisticated a solution for individual shape filling.

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Soom

Post by Soom »

Svengali wrote:Forget this obsolete button set and method. Instead, use the check-box for the FILL INSIDE feature in the TOOL:FILLING SHAPE panel.
Sven
Unless I miss something, the Fill Inside function in TVP 10.5 only fills one frame. I cannot apply it on multiple frames. Your scrip allows me to automatically apply it on multiple frames, making it very useful ant time saving, so not so obsolete for me yet.
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Soom wrote:
Svengali wrote:Forget this obsolete button set and method. Instead, use the check-box for the FILL INSIDE feature in the TOOL:FILLING SHAPE panel.
Sven
Unless I miss something, the Fill Inside function in TVP 10.5 only fills one frame. I cannot apply it on multiple frames. Your scrip allows me to automatically apply it on multiple frames, making it very useful ant time saving, so not so obsolete for me yet.
Even if you select all your frames and reapply with enter?
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Soom

Post by Soom »

NathanOtano wrote:
Soom wrote:
Sven
Even if you select all your frames and reapply with enter?
That's true! I forgot about this absolutely, didn't use it for a while :/. But still there are issues - first it takes more clicks. Second - I have to create the fill layer with all the empty instances by myself. Also when pressing enter on multiple frames, it applies it on all frames, not just the heads, so then I need to use Recompute, to put them back to normal.
Sven's and Lukas's tool does all that in one click!
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas