CutBrushmenu - use as button or linked to stylus

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
Svengali

CutBrushmenu - use as button or linked to stylus

Post by Svengali »

CutBrushMenu.jpg
CutBrushMenu.jpg (10.23 KiB) Viewed 871 times
Here's a little time-saver button/script that I've used for years. You can click on the button to bring up the menu as shown or...

I've assigned a shortcutkey (the SHIFT i key) to the button and then assigned the SHIFT i key to the UPPER part of my stylus side switch. Any time I want to capture a cutbrush, I just give the upper side switch a click which brings up the menu right under the current stylus' position.

If you click outside the menu or click on *cancel* the capture operation is aborted.
If you click on Capture Entire Image, it makes a cutbrush of the layer's current whole image.

If you click on New CutBrush or *Rectangular Cut you may capture any subsection of the layer's current image using the red outline.

COPY OR CUT
If you select using the stylus tip (Left Mouse Button equivalent) your cutbrush will be a COPY... if hold down the LOWER side switch while you select the cut area (normally this is the Right Mouse Button equivalent) , your cutbrush will be CUT from the delineated area leaving an empty patch where the outline was.

One thing... if you begin a CutBrush capture operation but decide you don't want to capture an area, you can abort the capture process by tapping the stylus point somewhere inside the canvas.

Note that the custom panel need not be visible on the screen if you link the stylus upper switch to the button through the SHIFT i or other shortcut key. If you'd like to have the button be a visible option in your interface, just copy it and put it in one of your other custom panels then delete the CutBrushMenu panel.

If you try this let me know about any problems. I've successfully used it with TVP versions 8, 9 and now, 10. I cut and paste a lot and it's a real timesaver.

Sven
Attachments
CutBrushMenu.tvpx
(83 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB