paintbrush

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
TVPaint
Site Admin

Post by TVPaint »

Natali,
I've read the topic again to find a solution to your problem but i can't find if you re-install the latest version available and try again ?
Please let us know.
natali

Post by natali »

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I am sure that the version i have is not the problem. There is someone who owns the same version as i do and managed to do it- he tried to help me, but we got stuck to the idea that perhaps it has something to do with that i own a Windows computer and he owns a Mac.
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

Natali,

Windows or Mac, most of us have worked on both and imported and exported brush bins successfully. rest assure that you have everything that it takes to import the brushes. something in the way is not working right, and it could be even a very little step that you are missing. The symptom you are describing (that when you import the file nothing is added to the panel) happens when the bin file you are directing TVPaint to is not the right one, or is still in the archived file.
Don't worry about VLC or any other icons, they only indicate which program is associated with certain file types in your windows. as long as you follow our suggestions these associations will make no difference whatsoever.

The screen that you posted earlier shows that you are looking in the .zip file. this means that you haven't extracted the file. I suggest this:

1. put the downloaded file on the dektop
2. double click on the file.
3. select ALL files (one file and one folder)
4. drag them onto the desktop (and make sure they are there.

now, in TVPaint:
1. make a NEW custom panel/toolbar.
2. right click on the new toolbar, and choose import
3. choose the desktop as location, and select paintbrush.bin file (not the folder)

any results?
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

natali wrote:Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I am sure that the version i have is not the problem. There is someone who owns the same version as i do and managed to do it- he tried to help me, but we got stuck to the idea that perhaps it has something to do with that i own a Windows computer and he owns a Mac.
hi Natali,

I think it's a tvpa version matter...
for exemple, the mode of this brush is "luma inverted", but this mode is not available in tvpa 8.1.1 ...

can you try to download, extract, and import this tweaked bin file? (I think this one should work for you too)

please, report here the result (successful or not).

ps: I've compressed it in .rar format, to avoid to confound it with the original one.
Attachments
paintbrush.rar
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 150 times
natali

Post by natali »

Thank you ALL for helping! :) and thank you Malcooning for the steps.

Now i know what went wrong- i didnt drag ALL the files from the .rar folder, just the .bin file and not the rest. So, it was just a clumsy mistake... :S

Thank you ZigOtto for your .bin file, i have also managed to import that type as well :)

Sorry for the confusion.

Ta,
Natali
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

glad it helped Natali.

judging by your "Ta" at the end of your post, I am guessing you are in the UK, no?
Scotland Even?
natali

Post by natali »

:) Hey Malcooning,

No sorry, I have never been in the UK or Scotland. But i had lived in Cyprus and i had there English, Scottish and Australian friends and they used it often. And i eventually got quite fond of the word. :P
ZigOtto

paintbrush mode ?

Post by ZigOtto »

I'm also curious about what "mode" did you get straight after importing the zipped .bin file as new custom panel?
was that "Color", "Alpha", "Luma", or "Hue" ? (see attached pict.)

because when "Color" doesn't display the brush-preview, I've noticed that swapping in one of the "Stamp" mode,
then again to "Color" mode, force the brush to appear ...
Attachments
paintbrush.png
paintbrush.png (17.22 KiB) Viewed 1508 times
natali

Post by natali »

Yup, the brush did have moments that it didnt work. I think that when I switched it to Alpha, it started to show colour.
TVPaint
Site Admin

Re: paintbrush mode ?

Post by TVPaint »

ZigOtto wrote:I'm also curious about what "mode" did you get straight after importing the zipped .bin file as new custom panel?
was that "Color", "Alpha", "Luma", or "Hue" ? (see attached pict.)

because when "Color" doesn't display the brush-preview, I've noticed that swapping in one of the "Stamp" mode,
then again to "Color" mode, force the brush to appear ...
I tried again to check which mode is available by default, i got Alpha (and it worked fine with any other mode from TVP Animation)