Newbie question on copying frames (ANSWERED)

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
arcenlight

Newbie question on copying frames (ANSWERED)

Post by arcenlight »

Hi all,

Sorry but i have a relatively "dumb" question but i've been stuck for more than an hour on this but..

How do you select multiple frames (or highlight)? (I've been trying to duplicate multiple frames and am not really keen about redrawing the same thing over and over again)

I'm running TVP animation 10 pro 10.0.18-64bit

EDIT:

Hey guys, I just discovered it after a while by using shift and left/rightarrows. (Dang i feel so dumb)
Eric Scholl

Re: Newbie question on copying frames (ANSWERED)

Post by Eric Scholl »

You can even select them with your mouse, by clicking and dragging just under the frames ( on their names ).
If you have to repeat multiple frames you can even use the "Faux-Fixe" option.
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Or highlight the frames you want to reuse, then press CTRL while dragging the selection to wherever you need it to be, even to a different layer.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

arcenlight wrote: I'm running TVP animation 10 pro 10.0.18-64bit
Update your software ! :D
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

arcenlight wrote:
EDIT:

Hey guys, I just discovered it after a while by using shift and left/rightarrows.

I'm glad you found the answer .

To add to what Eric, Paul, and Elodie mentioned above : check the user manual , too ! This is covered in Lesson 6 of the user manual , pages 6-8 - 6-10 , under Managing the images of an animation layer - Move and duplicate one or several images

Also see the rest of Lesson 6 for more details on working with instances on the TVPaint timeline , how to move , copy , repeat , split layers, merge layers, etc. , and an explanation of the Animator Panel which has many useful shortcut buttons.