Oil Bristles

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
CartoonMonkey

Oil Bristles

Post by CartoonMonkey »

oilbristles00000.jpg
Here's a little set of brushes you might like. I can't take the full credit for the bristles themselves.. I found an old .mir Mirage file with an interesting pattern in it, and modified it to work with TVPaint's new smearing and blending features a bit more.

(Also, thanks to Malcooning for his modified Watercolor brush A+b picker, Zigotto and Svengali for help with the A/B color picker value setup.)

These brushes use both the A and B colors, but for ease of use, I've included a modified A/B color picker, which sets up the color you pick first as color A, and the 2nd color a slightly darker version of that same color. You can achieve some interesting looks by switching these two colors up manually, as well.

If brush is too slow or too pixelated, try smooth none, or medium..

Happy painting...
C
Attachments
Oil Bristles.tvpx
(5.35 MiB) Downloaded 324 times
Elodie

Re: Oil Bristles

Post by Elodie »

Wow, their result is really awesome 8)
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

That's really beautiful
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
CartoonMonkey

Post by CartoonMonkey »

Thanks guys!
I've found quite a number of settings that just make this particular brush shine.. I'm well on my way to a 2nd version of these.
More soon..
C