Grease Pencil

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
CartoonMonkey

Grease Pencil

Post by CartoonMonkey »

grease-pencil.jpg
grease-pencil.tvpx
(234.5 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
Here's my experimental Grease Pencil for TVPaint.

I like the look of these china markers I have, where you peel away the paper, draw, and then smudge the drawing with your finger..
I started out trying to create a different brush entirely. First, I tried to duplicate the thing a brush does when pressure is applied. It spreads out into thinner fibers. -So the animation on pressure setting controls the animbrush in that regard..

During my experiments, I ended up throwing in a little jitter upon pressure, and ended up liking this brush quite a bit as something other than a "brush" style brush. I ended up with something that looks more like china marker on paper, or chalk. So there you have it.

With light pressure, you'll get thin dark lines, add more pressure, and the line will spread out into more of a granular, light pattern. Slightly counter intuitive, I know.. as normally one would
get darker color with more pressure but, I liked how it works. Draw a cube with light pressure, then switch to heavier pressure for light shading, all without switching brushes..

Feel free to modify to your liking.

C
idragosani

Re: Grease Pencil

Post by idragosani »

Pretty nice, takes a little getting used to, but you can get nice dark lines with a delicate touch. I like the non-smooth lines it produces, reminiscent of the late 60s Disney Xerox cel look :-)
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
alfatoons

Post by alfatoons »

CartoonMonkey

Cool! Thanks!
Animark

Post by Animark »

Nice concept. I tweaked it a little bit for my personal use and the brush seems very good for sketching. It is nice to have one brush for fine lines and hatchings at the same time. Thanks!
TVPaint 10.5.7 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64 (Wacom Companion 2)
CartoonMonkey

Post by CartoonMonkey »

Share your tweaked version? I'm interested to see how you use it.