Tips for coloring animation

You got a problem with Mirage or Aura ? Tell us here.
rawhead

Tips for coloring animation

Post by rawhead »

Hi

I´m coloring traditional 2D animation, so is there any good tips for that? For TVP there was nice tutorial for colorize character. Is there same kind of features for Mirage? Or is the best way just copy inked outline layer and then color that one?
Markus
slowtiger

Re: Tips for coloring animation

Post by slowtiger »

Have a look at http://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2402 where some of us discuss this.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
rawhead

Post by rawhead »

Thank you, that using layers at stencil was usefull tip. :)
Markus
stallina

Post by stallina »

What are the best computer programs to work with concerning art and animation? I'm just curious about Adobe Illustrator, Adobe photoshop, or any other programs similar to those which help with 3D art and animation, allowing me to create visual effects. How exactly do they work? I just need to know before I go buy it and find out later that I don't like it.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

stallina wrote:What are the best computer programs to work with concerning art and animation? I'm just curious about Adobe Illustrator, Adobe photoshop, or any other programs similar to those which help with 3D art and animation, allowing me to create visual effects. How exactly do they work? I just need to know before I go buy it and find out later that I don't like it.
Are you asking how art and animation programs work in general?
What kind of answer do you expect?

Don't you have anything specific to tell us about what you plan to use such a program for?
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

If the features lists on the product pages of the software mannufacturers don't give you a clue, visit a local bookshop and browse through some books about the programs. The question you ask is much to undefined to be answered here.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

stallina wrote:What are the best computer programs to work with concerning art and animation? ...
your first post here is just ... amazing, for a first post !
stallina wrote:... How exactly do they work?
the question should have been : "what exactly do YOU want to work on ?"
...illustrator, photoshop, 3D art, visual effects, ... what a blurry messy jumble-post !

btw, welcome to you, anyone you are behind this queer "stallina"... :)
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

The question is a common one which one can find all over the Internet -- she is actually asking, Which of these applications is the best for whatever I want to do with it? The mistake she makes is not so common but also not unprecedented, and that is to ask the question on what is referred to as the "factory board", or the owner's list. It is the equivalent to walking into a restaurant and asking all the seated customers: Which restaurant on this block is the best place to have my favorite food. How exactly does it taste? I just need to know before I go buy it and find out later that I don't like it.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

also not unprecedented is a new member coming and asking to others members for answers or advices,
and not coming back later to collect/read the answers he/she asked for ... :roll:
if his/her goal was only to enter twice the word "Adobe" in this thread, it's plenty succesful,
and what a big success indeed ! :mrgreen:
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

stallina wrote:What are the best computer programs to work with concerning art and animation?
It's a spam for a Research tool ( I removed his signature )...
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
JM07

Post by JM07 »

rawhead wrote:Hi

I´m coloring traditional 2D animation, so is there any good tips for that? For TVP there was nice tutorial for colorize character. Is there same kind of features for Mirage? Or is the best way just copy inked outline layer and then color that one?

I use the fill option and the "behind" feature. That seems to work really well.

JM07
deloresi

Post by deloresi »

How should I go about getting a career in animation? I'm looking to get a career in animation. Making video games, cartoons, shows (like Japanese anime), and even movies (like Wall-E). I haven't finished high school yet so I'm wondering, how should I go about pursuing this right now? Any special classes or electives I should be taking at this time? Thank you very much for all suggestions and answers!
Last edited by deloresi on 01 Aug 2009, 07:32, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

You will find no formula in answer to your question. Look up the backgrounds of many successful animators and you will find many different stories. The trouble with this advice is that there simply aren't many successful stories. Then there are the stories you won't find. About the ones who tried and never made it. Some went through the well traveled road of art education and got nowhere with it and one (maybe two of them) got far. I read somewhere that there are about as many animators in the U.S. as there are astronomers; how many of the two do you run into in the course of a year? None? Even fewer?

The most important thing to start out with is to be possessed with burning passion and undaunted desire. If what I just said above doesn't phase you one bit, you might be on to a good start.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

How should I go about getting a career in animation?
i love Ward Kimballs answer to the same question by a young aspiring animator.

and although this advice was given in 1973 i think it is still very much valid today.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
gladysila

Post by gladysila »

What Stop Motion Animation Progream is Free and Great to use for Proffessional Artwork? I make Stop Motion Animation videos and I use Windows movie maker. I know that Windows Movie Maker is for editing only so I want to use a Free, Virus-Free, and Proffessional Program to use when making these videos. So can anyone help me?