Canon Plugin For Mirage 1.5

You got a problem with Mirage or Aura ? Tell us here.
bobdobalina

Canon Plugin For Mirage 1.5

Post by bobdobalina »

I have not used mirage since last fall when I was about to buy a Canon camera for stop motion. Just noticing this whole lawsuit and bye-bye Bauhaus business, I am wondering if anybody can explain to me how the Canon bit works. I cannot find any mention of it in the manual, but I was in contact with Bauhaus last year about which camera to buy. Is there a seperate plug-in for Mirage 1.5 that is no longer available? I see there is the plug-in for TVPaint, but having spent $5oo on Mirage in 2006/2007, I am unable to fork out the upgrade cash on TVPaint just yet. I have not even used Mirage yet!

Can anybody help me with the Canon issue?

I also have a firewire dv camera, would that work in some way if the canon thing did not? I would rather not spend any more money just now if I can help it. Especially with all of the complaints about Canon lenses being faulty.
ZigOtto

Re: Canon Plugin For Mirage 1.5

Post by ZigOtto »

hi Bob, and welcome !

What OS do you run ? WinXP, Vista, Mac OSX ? ...
what version of Mirage do you have ?
if you already own a Canon digital camera, which model ?

Have you tried to ask to corporate@bauhaussoftware.com
if they can provide you their "StopShot" plugin (2007) freebie ?
if not, I remember the first version of the tvpaint 's Canon plugin
(StopMotion plugin) worked with Mirage 1.5a ... with some restrictions :
no Lock/Unlock AF option, no Macro-mode, small preview only.

Regarding your firewire dv camera, you should be able to use it as well,
if you have enabled the WDM devices item in the Mirage installation process.
bobdobalina

Post by bobdobalina »

Oh, woops. I didn't have the "notify me when a reply is posted" box checked. Thanks for getting back.

I am running Win XP.

I am running the most current version of Mirage before they disappeared.

I don't have a Canon camera...I wanted to make sure that I could get the software to work first before buying one because Canon would not be my first choice for a digital camera if I just end up using it for photos instead of stop motion animation.

I have not tried contacting bauhaus, since they don't exist anymore...but I will try anyway.
kayanat

Post by kayanat »

Windows Vista unable to detect Canon Powershot A470? I plugin the USB cable to the camera and then to the USB port on my laptop, and my laptop sits quiet as if I didn't do nothing! Does any of you out there have the same problem? Please share your experiences.
bobdobalina

Post by bobdobalina »

ZigOtto wrote:hi Bob, and welcome !

What OS do you run ? WinXP, Vista, Mac OSX ? ...
what version of Mirage do you have ?
if you already own a Canon digital camera, which model ?

Have you tried to ask to corporate@bauhaussoftware.com
if they can provide you their "StopShot" plugin (2007) freebie ?
if not, I remember the first version of the tvpaint 's Canon plugin
(StopMotion plugin) worked with Mirage 1.5a ... with some restrictions :
no Lock/Unlock AF option, no Macro-mode, small preview only.

Regarding your firewire dv camera, you should be able to use it as well,
if you have enabled the WDM devices item in the Mirage installation process.
I sent an email to the bauhaus address, and finally got a reply, which was to say that Bauhaus no longer exists (duh) and that they couldn't help me. How could there be nobody out there without this once free plugin? :x
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

kayanat wrote:Windows Vista unable to detect Canon Powershot A470? I plugin the USB cable to the camera and then to the USB port on my laptop, and my laptop sits quiet as if I didn't do nothing! Does any of you out there have the same problem? Please share your experiences.
the A470 model don't suit for stopmotion use,
it haven't "Remote Control" nor "Video Out" ability.
bobdobalina wrote: I sent an email to the bauhaus address, and finally got a reply, which was to say that Bauhaus no longer exists (duh) and that they couldn't help me.
does it mean the long waited Mirage v2.0 will never come ???
bobdobalina wrote:... How could there be nobody out there without this once free plugin? :x
sorry, I can't help, I had it, but I've thrown it last year, when my HD needed a serious "spring" clean-up.
masterchief

Boardomatic forTVPaint???

Post by masterchief »

bobdobalina wrote:
I sent an email to the bauhaus address, and finally got a reply, which was to say that Bauhaus no longer exists (duh) and that they couldn't help me. How could there be nobody out there without this once free plugin? :x
Does that mean we can now share the Boardomatic george scripts and get it working on TVPaint???

regards,
William
TVPaint Animation Pro v11
bobdobalina

Re: Boardomatic forTVPaint???

Post by bobdobalina »

masterchief wrote:
bobdobalina wrote:
Does that mean we can now share the Boardomatic george scripts and get it working on TVPaint???

regards,
William
I don't know what that has to do with it...but you look like you could kick my ass, so I won't get mad at you for changing the subject!

Still looking for that Canon Plugin if anybody out there has it...
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

ooops... did not mean to disrupt the flow..

....was keying on remarks regarding claim that THEY do not exist as entity any longer.

regards,
William
TVPaint Animation Pro v11