CTG Layer + panning tool

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
furushil

CTG Layer + panning tool

Post by furushil »

When using a CTG Layer it would be really handy if I could use the panning tool, because sometimes a single drawing just pans across the screen without changing.
Is it somehow possible to move all the squiggles?
Or is this something for the feature request section? I am sure that I am not the first one to think of this :oops:
MAC OS 12.6.2 - TVpaint 11.7.1 PRO 64bit, Wacom Intuos Pro
Elodie

Re: CTG Layer + panning tool

Post by Elodie »

Moved in the right section.

That's a nice idea, would be great indeed I we could use panning tool :)
furushil

Post by furushil »

In addition to that, it would also be useful, if you could use the selection tool without anti-aliasing. That way you could select some squiggles and then move them with the panning tool.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

You can't select squiggles :)
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

As a workaround you can convert your ctg into a pixel layer, do your tranformations with pixels, then convert it back to squiggles. Or you can paint you squiggles at the beginning on a pixel layer then convert it to a ctg, which is my opinion is the fastest option you can find when working with ctg layers.
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
furushil

Post by furushil »

NathanOtano wrote:As a workaround you can convert your ctg into a pixel layer, do your tranformations with pixels, then convert it back to squiggles.
How can I do that?
When I select "make anim" on a CTG layer, the squiggles disappear :shock:
NathanOtano wrote:Or you can paint you squiggles at the beginning on a pixel layer then convert it to a ctg, which is my opinion is the fastest option you can find when working with ctg layers.
That's a good idea.
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Hum thinking about it I tried the first option but I had to export the calculated ctg, so I convert the filled shape to squiggles after that. But it's not really working great
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.