Enable stylus eraser while the main tip is on another tool

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Soom

Enable stylus eraser while the main tip is on another tool

Post by Soom »

I was thinking to post it for a long time, but somehow kept postponing. I also searched through forums and couldn't find the thread, although I remember that people were talking about this.
My Wacom stylus pen has an eraser chosen for the eraser pen tip. Whenever I'm drawing with a brush, it works fine, but as soon as I select Selection tool, or any other tool than brush, the eraser tip just uses the same tool instead of an Eraser. Many times fin myself flipping the pen to quickly erase something (kind of a natural instinct), but realize it's actually on some other tool still, so I need to pick a needed Eraser again, or go to brush tool, and then flip the pen again...
If there was any way to make that eraser pen tip work independently it would be really amazing.
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
Elodie

Re: Enable stylus eraser while the main tip is on another to

Post by Elodie »

Yes, you're right !

I don't know if we can change this on our side, but we can have a look.
Soom

Re: Enable stylus eraser while the main tip is on another to

Post by Soom »

Thanks, it would be a great improvement!
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas