Guideline Images request

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Peter Wassink

Guideline Images request

Post by Peter Wassink »

The option to put up images around the project is very cool, but still leaves me with some wishes:

i want to "pin up" a modelsheet while working on a storyboard, but for every panel(clip) i have to set it up again!
because the guide only applies to the clip in which you set it.

I want to have the option to make a guide "global" for the project
This could apply to all the guide types because in the current engine all clips in a project have the same dimensions.

Also i'd like to make it as easy as possible to add images.
and therefore have the option in the library to " add (a new) image from Clipboard"
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Fabrice

Re: Guideline Images request

Post by Fabrice »

Interesting.
I want to have the option to make a guide "global" for the project
This could apply to all the guide types because in the current engine all clips in a project have the same dimensions.
ok, but what if the technology evolve ?
Fabrice Debarge
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Related to that I'd really like to be able to add directly the current custom brush as an image guide instead of having to add it in the library and then as an image guide

I'd also like to have the image library global for the whole project, and could be nice to be able to embed those images in the project cause it's a hug issue when working in a team (or i missed something)
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Fabrice wrote:Interesting.

ok, but what if the technology evolve ?
Then we see again... right?
And it would not really be a problem for the image guide.
But now, in the current technology, the image guide isn't working to its potential.
And i cannot use it for storyboardwork.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

NathanOtano wrote:Related to that I'd really like to be able to add directly the current custom brush as an image guide instead of having to add it in the library and then as an image guide

I'd also like to have the image library global for the whole project, and could be nice to be able to embed those images in the project cause it's a hug issue when working in a team (or i missed something)
yes! i'd like that too.
and
yes! to often i get the "missing dependencies on this one
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Peter Wassink wrote: 26 Aug 2016, 11:21 Also i'd like to make it as easy as possible to add images.
and therefore have the option in the library to " add (a new) image from Clipboard"
-i would still like this.
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

I really want to script this thing but havn't found the time... Pretty simple to do. Maybe a developer can help? Just from file to guideline or clipboard to guideline, all is here is george
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.