CTG Layer refresh instance structure Topic is solved

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
furushil

CTG Layer refresh instance structure

Post by furushil »

Hello,

I would like to make a suggestion regarding the CTG layers.

Let' say you have a layer with your lineart and underneath a CTG layer. When you add some new drawings or instances to your lineart layer you also have to add new instances to the CTG Layer.
I cannot find an easy way right now to copy the modified instance structure to the CTG layer. I have to go through the CTG layer and create new instances manually.
It would be great to be able to "refresh" the instance structure of a CTG layer.

I hope this makes sense.
MAC OS 12.6.2 - TVpaint 11.7.1 PRO 64bit, Wacom Intuos Pro
Elodie

Re: CTG Layer refresh instance structure

Post by Elodie »

This feature already exist :)
Click on the icon that looks like a palette and choose "Load structure from source"

http://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index. ... ns&lang=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or did I misunderstand you ?
furushil

Post by furushil »

Elodie wrote:This feature already exist :)
Click on the icon that looks like a palette and choose "Load structure from source"

http://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index. ... ns&lang=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or did I misunderstand you ?
Yes that's it! I looked everywhere except there :oops:
Thank you.
MAC OS 12.6.2 - TVpaint 11.7.1 PRO 64bit, Wacom Intuos Pro
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Now Pauls question was solved so quick, can i ask another question regarding the CTG layer here?

I was demonstrating the working of CTG to a tvpaint animator still working on an older version.
(She is contemplating an upgrade)
With the CTG layer, is it possible to automatise the coloring somewhat?
I mean where you color the first frame and then the CTG layer interprets the consecutive frames and gives similar shapes the right color.
because i do remember seeing a texture automatically form itself to the next shape somehow. although i didn't manage to demonstrate this.
And so i started to doubt if it was possible with the coloring or that it was just my imagination playing tricks...
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Well, if you remember the very first beta versions of TVPaint 11, we were working on such a feature. But the results were poor and counter productive. We finally decided not to include this feature in CTG layers.

Right now, the best way to "automatize" the process is to get long instances with squiggles that can match the source.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Elodie wrote:Well, if you remember the very first beta versions of TVPaint 11, we were working on such a feature. But the results were poor and counter productive. We finally decided not to include this feature in CTG layers.

Right now, the best way to "automatize" the process is to get long instances with squiggles that can match the source.
Thanks, yes i though as much. Merci Beaucoup.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM