The huge lineart request

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
cyrus rebello

The huge lineart request

Post by cyrus rebello »

So tvpaint has been the major tool for me, i love it
i always use it for any thing traditional animation/ art related

however
this line art hassle has be going

I do not want to always deal with this and i'm sure there are many topics existing on how to make lines smoother but most of them are all about making one image's lines smoother which requires a lot of time and patience

i need to do this individually for every frame, every frame one by one

not to mention i find the line smoothing tool very un easy and "too smooth" to properly draw detailed images

i also need to mention i do not use thick lines and prefer thin lines which tvpaint i find is very un supportive of

from color problems from the thin lining to the excessive aliasing (which i do know you can turn off but i do not want that)

i do not know much about coding but i think it'll be a lot easier for animators like me who have styles which have a lot of details and thin lining (i specifically use the anime art style) to get good line art in tvpaint fast for every frame

how?

by making tvpaint have un aliased lines before rendering them out

this saves me a bunch since coloring has been a hassle for me aswell and i do not like to use the ctg layer

Pix elated lines are a lot easier to color and shade with (Red lines which i fill up and recolor for shading)

I want to achieve tv production quality, to be able to make things atleast as simple as this
http://www.awesome-engine.com/graphics/ ... 134259.jpg"
snapshot20080413134259.jpg
snapshot20080413134259.jpg (53.25 KiB) Viewed 25710 times
don't get me wrong, i love tvpaint, it fully supports traditional animation which i adore

the line art however is a huge hassle for me and i really hope you could help me out because when i sketch out my animations with timing charts, i get good results

but when i apply line art to them it completely ruins all the proportions and lines
i do have consistent sketches aswell

i do hope you can help me, (and please keep things brief since i am only 14 :D )
Elodie

Re: The huge lineart request

Post by Elodie »

Thank you for your message. That's nice to see even teenages might like our software :)
cyrus rebello wrote:i do hope you can help me, (and please keep things brief since i am only 14 :D )
To make it brief : you actually ask for skill. Don't get me wrong, I'm not insulting you or trying to make fun of you, but what you are asking for cannot be "coded". It takes years for a clean-up artist to learn how to make perfect lines that will match a typical style (modern cartoon, japanim, 30s' style, Disney 50s', etc.). That's a knowledge developed with experience, not with C++ :wink:
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

I'm not sure if this is really his problem, but to be honest, I don't understand the problem. Maybe you could post some screenshots of how it looks and how it should look. Or maybe you could explain how another software handles it in a better way.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

hello and welcome,
by making tvpaint have un aliased lines before rendering them out
if so, just uncheck the alias option in your pen tool and apply the AntiAlisaing FX once your drawing is finished.
most of the japanese studios working with TVPaint are doing their animations in this way.
Fabrice Debarge
cyrus rebello

Post by cyrus rebello »

Thank you so much! That was exactly the option I needed! I never knew this existed and it helps my art style and coloring problem perfectly!
The lines look great aswell

I cannot express how grateful I am, thanks a million!
cyrus rebello

Post by cyrus rebello »

Elodie wrote:Thank you for your message. That's nice to see even teenages might like our software :)
cyrus rebello wrote:i do hope you can help me, (and please keep things brief since i am only 14 :D )
To make it brief : you actually ask for skill. Don't get me wrong, I'm not insulting you or trying to make fun of you, but what you are asking for cannot be "coded". It takes years for a clean-up artist to learn how to make perfect lines that will match a typical style (modern cartoon, japanim, 30s' style, Disney 50s', etc.). That's a knowledge developed with experience, not with C++ :wink:

I'm not quite sure you understood what I meant, maybe i should have posted a screen shot so you could get a better understandment of my skill but, that's fine now

I'm glad I got such a big issue out of the way the same day I posted it on the fourms

I'm sure many other users have been helped this way
(I've been in the shadows of the fourms reading all the past problems people had and how you guys helped them, only recently i decided to address my own problem, you people are really nice!)
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

I'm glad I got such a big issue out of the way the same day I posted it on the fourms
Thanks the aim of our forum, when possible.
Fabrice Debarge
cyrus rebello

Post by cyrus rebello »

Fabrice wrote:
Thanks the aim of our forum, when possible.
Actually, in the fx stack, could you please post a screen shot of where it is/what it was called in older versions?
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Which version exactly?
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
cyrus rebello

Post by cyrus rebello »

schwarzgrau wrote:Which version exactly?
in which the effect exists, ( i have another tvpaint in another computer which is older)
just tell me to be sure or do i have to update it?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I don't find it in my 10.5 FX menu.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
cyrus rebello

Post by cyrus rebello »

slowtiger wrote:I don't find it in my 10.5 FX menu.
so it's pretty new huh
thanks!
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Stylise / AntiAliasing FX is in v11
Fabrice Debarge