Play from current clip and return to current clip

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
NathanOtano

Play from current clip and return to current clip

Post by NathanOtano »

I'd like a shortcut to play from current clip my project and go back to it afterward. Right now the shortcot to play from current frame and return to current frame sends me back to my first clip. In really long projects It's really painfull.
Related to this, when switching from a project to another your project tab view always moves to your selected clip, I think we should keep the view we set before switching tab. Then of course if me move or draw within the clip the timeline goes to the clip, that's a nice thing.

(I also think that playback from current and return to current should be the default shortcut)
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Elodie

Re: Play from current clip and return to current clip

Post by Elodie »

Why don't you use the mark in ?
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

I mean that when I'm in project view and play my storyboard, after playback it goes back to the first clip and not to the clip I was working on when I launched playback.
What do you mean by mark in in project view?

I think it's something you can't avoid for storyboarding so it should be something included in the "play from current go back to current" shortcut.

I made a little button to fix this, it explains what I needed.
Attachments
OTANO_Playback_Clips.tvpx
(83 KiB) Downloaded 982 times
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I understand the issue because I had the same when I edited the review video for the Wacom MSP. I bypassed the problem by using mark in in the remote.

(Point d'entrée en français ^^)
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Oh ok, I understand! I use inlay view so I havn't noticed it exists when I checked (was expecting a "mark in" "mark out" in the dropdown menu when right clicking, like in clip view. But somehow i was remembering the function).
Still it's another step to do. Could be nice to have the shortcut do what we expect so we don't bother with using mark in (especially if you need it for your editing).

Thanks anyway!
Working on Windows 10