Right-click Erase function doesn't work on Spline

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Soom

Right-click Erase function doesn't work on Spline

Post by Soom »

I have just noticed, that right-click erase function is not working on the Spline tool. It does work on any other tool - square, ellipse, etc., but not on Spline.
Is this a bug, or something that was not obviously easy to do? then I would like it as a feature request...
(TVP 11, Windows 7)
thanks
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
Elodie

Re: Right-click Erase function doesn't work on Spline

Post by Elodie »

It's not a bug, I think the feature wasn't implented to spline. I move it to the to do list.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

it would only work for the 3 point spline
the others need to be applied using Enter.
In all cases you can work the spline in erase mode to get the desired effect.

I have never needed this but you are right that it is inconsistent
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Soom

Post by Soom »

Peter Wassink wrote:it would only work for the 3 point spline
the others need to be applied using Enter.
In all cases you can work the spline in erase mode to get the desired effect.

I have never needed this but you are right that it is inconsistent
It actually doesn't work in 3 point spline, and that's exactly what I need - we are working on cleanup and the style requires a lot of smooth curved lines, so 3 point spline is an amazing help. The only drawback is that it doesn't work in right-click-erase mode, so there is no immediate fast way to erase a mistake without changing tools.
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Actually, it cannot work with any splines, since you must use LMB to create those. The problem is the same with circle tools.

To do list.
Soom

Post by Soom »

Elodie wrote:Actually, it cannot work with any splines, since you must use LMB to create those. The problem is the same with circle tools.

To do list.
first I wrote, that 3 point spline doesn't require the LMB, but then realized, it does - for the second click. But the mechanics could be very simple - right click to start a 3 point-erase spline, and then click to finish it - to me it sounds absolutely intuitive behavior, and if it could be implemented that way, it would be awesome! :)