Updates Topic is solved

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
schwarzgrau

Updates

Post by schwarzgrau »

I guess you're currently working on a lot of feature requests at the same time and I don't know if this would be possible, but it would be great if you could offer smaller updates more frequently, than one big update after a long time. So people could already use feature A (which was completed a few month ago), while feature B is still in the making.
But I guess there is some reason why this isn't possible, cause I bet you already had the same thought, right?
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Fabrice

Re: Updates

Post by Fabrice »

Some developments require deep changes in the C++ code. They impact various parts of the software in various ways and lots of testing has to be done to keep the software consistent and bug free, even before entering into a beta-test phase.
Also we try to make sure that everything will be scalable in the next years, that's very important for all the TVPaint users.
As a consequence, such changes can't be done into smaller updates, well ... unfortunately.

That said, regarding the v11, I think you might have more smaller updates in 2017 than in 2016.
Fabrice Debarge
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

That sounds pretty logical. Thank you for taking the time to answer this question Fabrice.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

you are welcome, I know we used to make more small updates during the previous years, so I was expecting this question, sooner or later.
Fabrice Debarge