Save Coordinates from Transform or Pan tool (like FX Bin)

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
D.T. Nethery

Save Coordinates from Transform or Pan tool (like FX Bin)

Post by D.T. Nethery »

I've been on a project for almost a year now where I have often needed to resize portions of the animation to match to adjusted backgrounds (that were changed from the rough layouts) or match to other animation that wasn't quite the same size . So with a combination of the Panning Tool and Transformation Tool (and sometimes the KeyFramer FX) I am able to resize the drawings as needed. I prefer to use the Panning Tool if it's a simple shift over or down because the Panning Tool is non-destructive and doesn't blur the pixels at all. Sometimes the Keyframer works better, sometimes the Transformation Tool (but I avoid the Transformation Tool if possible because it will tend to blur the pixels)

But sometimes I need to be able to apply the same shift over or down with the Panning Tool to multiple scenes. It would be really great if the Transformation Tool and the Panning Tool coordinates could be SAVED the same way I can saved the KeyFramer FX coordinates in the FX Bin or save a custom brush configuration in a Bin . So if apply a shift over and down to a set of drawings , I can save it so that the exact same shift over and down can be applied later to another set of drawings , so I don't have to just "eyeball" it to get the drawings in the same position as before using the Panning Tool . Does that makes sense ?

With the Transform Tool I end up taking screen shots of the coordinates , so I can reproduce the same move later on to a separate set of drawings , but it would also be better to save the coordinates to a Bin , so I don't have to refer back to a screen shot to manually type in the coordinates.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: Save Coordinates from Transform or Pan tool (like FX Bin)

Post by Thierry »

This may be possible by creating a script that would ask the coordinates and the mode the first time you click on it, and applies the Pan tool with the coordinates each time you click on it afterwards.
I'll see if this is possible and go back to you (I'm not here next week so you might have to wait until Monday 6th March though)
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Took shorter than expected, here is the panel!

panning.tvpx
(7 KiB) Downloaded 1014 times

It has two buttons :
- Pan: if this is the first time you click on the button, the panel will ask the X coordinate, then the Y coordinate, and then the mode (Shift or Fill), and will do nothing else. If you already clicked on the button (thus entered the coordinates and the modes), the image will be panned according to the coordinates set previously.
- Reset: resets the "coordinates set" status. Click on it if you want to change the coordinates and/or the mode.

The coordinates and mode will be remembered when exiting and starting the software. If you don't want this to happen, just hit "Reset" when exiting the software.
The min value for the coordinates is -5000, and the max value is 5000.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Thierry wrote: 24 Feb 2017, 16:52 Took shorter than expected, here is the panel!

panning.tvpx

It has two buttons :
- Pan: if this is the first time you click on the button, the panel will ask the X coordinate, then the Y coordinate, and then the mode (Shift or Fill), and will do nothing else. If you already clicked on the button (thus entered the coordinates and the modes), the image will be panned according to the coordinates set previously.
- Reset: resets the "coordinates set" status. Click on it if you want to change the coordinates and/or the mode.

The coordinates and mode will be remembered when exiting and starting the software. If you don't want this to happen, just hit "Reset" when exiting the software.
The min value for the coordinates is -5000, and the max value is 5000.
THANKS !

----

*EDIT: I can't get it to do anything . When I click on the Pan button the first time it does not ask for the X coordinate, then the Y coordinate, and then the mode (Shift or Fill).

**EDIT #2 - I discovered to get it to work I have to click RESET button first , then click PAN , then it will ask me for coordinates and mode.

This is useful , but not quite what I was requesting, because I don't know the X and Y coordinates of the Pan move until I have done it already ... what I'm trying to get is a way for the Panning tool to remember the Pan move I made and save that move so it can be applied again later to another layer . (the way you can save a KeyFramer move in the FX Bin) .

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1