Transform Selected Layers : Make it work for current layer if no selection

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
NathanOtano

Transform Selected Layers : Make it work for current layer if no selection

Post by NathanOtano »

Hey!
A handy thing that could help : when you choose the "apply on" option in transformation tool, we often need to move multiple layers at the same time so we can choose "selected layers". But when you have only the current layer, there is "no selection" so we can't validate the transformation. Instinctively I would allow people to apply the transformation on current layer if there is no selection with this option, that way we don't need to switch the option for transforming one or multiple layers (I would also put this as the option by default, as it's the most instinctive for everybody I think).

Nathan
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
schwarzgrau

Re: Transform Selected Layers : Make it work for current layer if no selection

Post by schwarzgrau »

Sounds like a good idea to me
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

And what if you want to move just 1 frame on several layers ?
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Is this a problem? Not sure I understand. Let me explain :
If multiple layers selected and no frame selected, I'll move current frame of all selected layers. And if one or multiple frames are selected and multiple layers are selected, I'll move those frames on those layers. If no layer selected, I move current or selected frames of current layer only. Does it make sense?
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.