Navigator control not flip when you flip image view

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
maxrobert

Navigator control not flip when you flip image view

Post by maxrobert »

Please do something about the reversing Navigator controls when moving navigator when flipping image horizontally in view, It is a no-brainer.

Best Regards,
Robert Arnborg
Fabrice

Re: Navigator control not flip when you flip image view

Post by Fabrice »

sorry, but could you grab a screenshot to explain your point ?
I'm not sure to get it.
Fabrice Debarge
maxrobert

Post by maxrobert »

When I go into View menu, Flip Horizontally, then when I move mouse in navigator window to look around the canvas the horizontal movement is reversed, inverted. Same for vertical. I get why you'd kind of want that so that you know which way you are looking, but could we have an option not to have the viewing controls be reversed?
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

but could we have an option not to have the viewing controls be reversed?
Hum ... at some point, we need to have something unchanged or it will bring some people to confusion.
But ok, it needs to be debated, we are in the right place.

A possible solution though : you can use [Display > New project window] instead of the navigator window.
Fabrice Debarge
maxrobert

Post by maxrobert »

Thank you for taking the trouble to talk about this,

I didn't understand how that last solution worked or how it had anything to do with what I am going at here.

Did you mean create new project window in Navigator panel? That button does nothing.

I mean things change all the time(Like the new interface that brought new quirks, bits and bobs, some good some weird), why not change this weird inverted control in navigator when view flipped horizontal or vertical in as well or at least have a switch in the navigator or preferences to not function like this? It is driving me nuts whenever I have to check for drawing proportion errors(my brain doesn't see my mistakes from one view so have to recheck constantly).

The navigator view doesn't display the flipped view, that confuses me. The controls in the navigator when I hold down mouse button and pan around canvas don't correspond to the motion i am doing: it is reversed when menu-View-flip horizontally or vertical is checked. So I pull left I go Right and vice versa :?

I know it is a small issue, but it is irritating as hell, and not something I have seen in other drawing applications. In Photoshop when I flip canvas the navigator still behaves the way it should. Where did you guys get this idea from?