Shape Transforms in tvp11, Apply to only heads not frames Topic is solved

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
maxrobert

Shape Transforms in tvp11, Apply to only heads not frames

Post by maxrobert »

When I have modified several heads on a layer in previous versions of TVP it modified only heads. In TVP 11 it modifies frames, creates several new frames of same images, which disturbs the workflow by having to manually drag exposures for each frame. Please fix this or at least give us options.

Best Regards,
Robert Arnborg
maxrobert

Re: Shape Transforms in tvp11, Apply to only heads not frames

Post by maxrobert »

Allright gotcha. Thank you.

Still. Pushing new button to do stuff, sigh. But... we got options, so I'm cool for now.

Thanks Elodie.

I want you guys to succeed, but sometimes I am just so damn frustrated with your program and environment. I am looking at the competition, but I always come back to you TVP. So I hope you can feel honored, but also inclined to work harder at making this program even better and more accessible. Just saying.

Cheers
maxrobert

Post by maxrobert »

Well well,

So here, look at this, there is still something fishy with this frame,break stuff.

I select something, cut to layer, it creates all these frames. I try to unclick autobreak autocreateframe etc. from previous layer. But still creates all these frames instead of keeping same amount of instances. Imagine If I have an even longer animation, and I have to manually go about with all these 1000k frames? Did not have these problems with TVP 10.5

I have a Screenshot too
Attachments
Autocreatingframes instead of keeping same instances as previous layer.png
maxrobert

Post by maxrobert »

Sorry,

if I seem rude, just want to know if I am out on a limb here or if this is actually an issue you could work on.

:oops:
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

maxrobert wrote: 05 Apr 2017, 21:03 Well well,

So here, look at this, there is still something fishy with this frame,break stuff.

I select something, cut to layer, it creates all these frames. I try to unclick autobreak autocreateframe etc. from previous layer. But still creates all these frames instead of keeping same amount of instances. Imagine If I have an even longer animation, and I have to manually go about with all these 1000k frames? Did not have these problems with TVP 10.5

I have a Screenshot too
agree this should be fixed but.... there is a simple, one click, solution:
click recompute in the animator panel (standard in v10)
In v11 recompute is in the "handy custompanel" under "set exposure", the icon looks like this: =?
and its caption says "erase superfluos images without changing the timing...
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

You can also use the Cut brush tool instead of selection.
Also, if you lock the layer, using "cut to new layer" should not affect the original layer.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Elodie wrote: 06 Apr 2017, 08:21
Also, if you lock the layer, using "cut to new layer" should not affect the original layer.
the original layer will also stay good if you switch off 'auto break'
but you would expect the new layer to also have the same 'none broken' timing as the original.
so it has to be fixed.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
maxrobert

Post by maxrobert »

Cool,

Thanks for taking the time to adress this,

Will look into your suggestion Peter(Love your work on tvpaint by the way)

Now, I am looking forward to when it is fixed. The devil is in the details, so please, please, take your time and please look into this, no excuses, no "use this" instead. I'm not going to manually put stuff in with a cut brush etc. It is not a brush issue. Just look into this and fix it tvpaint crew, ok? If not, well... :cry: :cry: :cry:

And yes what Peter said above, it is not the original layer that is broken it is the new layer.