Add a TEXT field to AnimBrushes

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Svengali

Add a TEXT field to AnimBrushes

Post by Svengali »

Can this be easily done???

If AnimBrushes are used in scripts it would be helpful to append an additional embedded TEXT field stored inside each AnimBrush so individual AnimBrushes could be identified (named) or verified (assigned a useful ID or temporary value that could be updated).

The TEXT could be retrieved using a new version of tv_BrushInfo and/or updated using tv_BrushRestore.

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Elodie

Re: Add a TEXT field to AnimBrushes

Post by Elodie »

Hmm, I'm not sure to understand : you can already give a description to an animbrush, but it will be displayed only if you enable tool tips (full).
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Elodie wrote: 15 May 2017, 05:10 Hmm, I'm not sure to understand : you can already give a description to an animbrush, but it will be displayed only if you enable tool tips (full).
AnimBrushes can be stored and reloaded to/from sub-folders without ever being assigned to buttons using GEORGE commands tv_SaveBrushAnim and tv_LoadBrushAnim. This offers all kinds of scripted possibilities for using AnimBrush image sets: stamping, looping, assemblage stuff. If there was a way to embed text information inside the animbrush (stuff like sequencing, groupings, names and sets, etc.) then the script could be sure of finding the correct information when loading and using AnimBrush files. It would also permit scripts to update changing info in the AnimBrush text field while the AnimBrushes are being used.

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Ok, I did not realise you wanted to do all the procedure through a script, my bad :)