"Select Similar Color and Smart Similiar Color" - Feature

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
TheQuestionMark

"Select Similar Color and Smart Similiar Color" - Feature

Post by TheQuestionMark »

I was if you can add a option when you select color you can have option to select similar color of the color you, right after you select with Selection Tool with Lasso or Magic Wand. For Smart Similar Color can you add Profile Editor to select maybe real-time of the color, real-time or not real-time. It's something like photoshop maybe a little better due have a more accurate profile editor and it's real-time?

I've been doing alot of illustration, it helps speed up painting quite a bit.
Windows 10 64-Bit TvPaint Professional 11.5.3 (64-Bit)
Fabrice

Re: "Select Similar Color and Smart Similiar Color" - Feature

Post by Fabrice »

We maybe have what you are looking for :
select_colors.png
select_colors.png (25.68 KiB) Viewed 25878 times
Fabrice Debarge
TheQuestionMark

But how you select without a magic wand? I tend to use lasso tool pick just right amount of color, also it's separated by different colors far across from the canvas.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Can you post a screenshot ?
Fabrice Debarge
TheQuestionMark

Fabrice wrote: 16 May 2017, 16:16 Can you post a screenshot ?

I did a quick job for the example. Sorry if the example is still unclear? But if you were to do anime backgrounds. The shapes area of the canvas can be added for more detail which makes magic wand for selecting color unsuitable in selecting certain color in certain area from the background. I think when selecting color not from magic wand you can add more, do extra detail for backgrounds.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I think he means the way of selecting a colour like in TVP with colour replacement, which selects all same coloured pixels in the image regardless of being connected. (In Photoshop there's a checkbox for that in the Magic Wand, "select neighbours")
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

slowtiger wrote: 20 May 2017, 08:11 I think he means the way of selecting a colour like in TVP with colour replacement, which selects all same coloured pixels in the image regardless of being connected. (In Photoshop there's a checkbox for that in the Magic Wand, "select neighbours")
We have too.
It's called "contiguous".
did a quick job for the example. Sorry if the example is still unclear? But if you were to do anime backgrounds. The shapes area of the canvas can be added for more detail which makes magic wand for selecting color unsuitable in selecting certain color in certain area from the background. I think when selecting color not from magic wand you can add more, do extra detail for backgrounds.
Hmmm ... I still don't understand what you want to achieve. Changing the color of all the blue pixels even if they are separated by black lines ?
I thought you would have posted a before/after picture and/or given some steps. Can you do so ?
You can use an other software like photoshop to build your example, if you think it can't be done with TVPaint.
Fabrice Debarge
TheQuestionMark

Fabrice wrote: 21 May 2017, 21:56
slowtiger wrote: 20 May 2017, 08:11 I think he means the way of selecting a colour like in TVP with colour replacement, which selects all same coloured pixels in the image regardless of being connected. (In Photoshop there's a checkbox for that in the Magic Wand, "select neighbours")
We have too.
It's called "contiguous".
did a quick job for the example. Sorry if the example is still unclear? But if you were to do anime backgrounds. The shapes area of the canvas can be added for more detail which makes magic wand for selecting color unsuitable in selecting certain color in certain area from the background. I think when selecting color not from magic wand you can add more, do extra detail for backgrounds.
Hmmm ... I still don't understand what you want to achieve. Changing the color of all the blue pixels even if they are separated by black lines ?
I thought you would have posted a before/after picture and/or given some steps. Can you do so ?
You can use an other software like photoshop to build your example, if you think it can't be done with TVPaint.
Photoshop doesn't work because I need to use the Alpha Brush Mode and Photoshop has only Alpha Max Brush. You can't select and use the alpha brush on photoshop because photoshop doesn't have it. Please add it in. If you still have hard time understanding, should I make another example? It's more than just tinted blue, it's multiple color when use the alpha brush, curve tool, then select color by lasso, then option feature 'Select Similar Color', if TVPaint has it. It selects 3-4 gradient Color proximity of which I color and then values of it which I want to select. Also I've been trying to get off photoshop to save money for a cintiq.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

should I make another example?
If you have some time : yes, that would help.

But this time please add :
- The image from where you come from and the one you want to have as a result (I still can't figure out this basic point).
- After and before images in both Photoshop and TVPaint to show what is wrong or working.
- Screenshot of the options & tools you have used in both Photoshop and TVPaint.
- Text explanations on the pictures everywhere required.
Fabrice Debarge