Import/Export Video and Sound for Sharing and Editing

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
NathanOtano

Import/Export Video and Sound for Sharing and Editing

Post by NathanOtano »

Hey!
Simple yet important requests regarding import/export in TVPaint, especially for storyboarding. I need to :

- Be able to import any video WITH sound, especially for the most common FFMPEG formats (I had this problem this year, maybe it's a matter of extension or it's already corrected?). That way I can be sure that my sound is in sync for lipsyncs & co.
- Be able to export sound files without video and without losing sound quality.
- Be able to export video and sound in an editing format (EDL/XML for exemple), even just sound could be ok. Because while storyboarding we need to be able to get all the individual sound files, lossless and in sync, for further editing. An "export all sound tracks separately" could be another, more basic, option.
- Related to that, we need a way to take all the dependancies and copy them right next to the .tvpp file (why not in an "filename_assets" folder) so we don't need to embed them in the file (nice for avoiding big big tvpaint files with a lot of cilps). That way it's easier to prepare the file for sharing with all the related sounds and images dependencies.
- To have a lighter tvpaint file, also, could be nice to be able to "save clip in a file and replace it with rendered camera". That way no need to export sequences somewhere, we get the clip rendered and a save of the layers in a file. Or maybe we can have two options "save current clip in a file" and "replace current clip with rendered camera". Easier than "render camera to a new merged project" (all of that seems scriptable to me). Or maybe just a script command to "render camera in new layer (and hide/delete all other layers?)", "render camera in a new clip (and hide current?)"
- As an advanced request, we could imagine exporting the entire duration of clips, outside in and outs, in an edl format but setting mark in/out correctly in the EDL so we get all the frames of the clip in our editing software but the start/end are still right. That's really helpful if we have to manage cuts and we don't know when we cut yet (character out or not? Which moment of the action for the action cut?).

Tvpaint can export un csv, why not EDL/XML? Could be awesome :)
Nathan
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Elodie

Re: Import/Export Video and Sound for Sharing and Editing

Post by Elodie »

Thank you for your feedback Nathan !
NathanOtano wrote: 12 Jul 2017, 11:03 - As an advanced request, we could imagine exporting the entire duration of clips, outside in and outs, in an edl format but setting mark in/out correctly in the EDL so we get all the frames of the clip in our editing software but the start/end are still right. That's really helpful if we have to manage cuts and we don't know when we cut yet (character out or not? Which moment of the action for the action cut?).

Tvpaint can export un csv, why not EDL/XML? Could be awesome :)
This request is already in TVPaint. It's in Edit > Publish > EDL
NathanOtano

Re: Import/Export Video and Sound for Sharing and Editing

Post by NathanOtano »

Nice! Does it exports sound also or just clips? :) I'll do some tests anyway when I'll have some time
EDIT : I've just seen it copies audio files to the location, awesome! Still discovering tvpaint haha
Nathan
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.