CTG Layer

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Elodie

Re: auto paint

Post by Elodie »

I'm not sure to understand what you both mean about smoothing / feathering the Auto Paint.

And... I see the rest of the topic is about colouring, not the Auto Paint fx... What the heck are we talking about actually ? :lol:
daninski

Post by daninski »

When you use the auto-paint on a pencil line, the colour follows a very jagged edge where it meets the line. In PS for example you can set the edge on a fill to feather slightly to soften this harsh edge. With a pencil typed line this jagged edge is noticeable through the line so some kind of edge smoothing or feathering in auto=paint would be handy. I find myself not using it when I have a more analogue line now. Which is a shame because it should be very useful.
http://www.daninski.com
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

But what do you call Auto paint ? A CTG layer ?
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

maybe autopaint FX in the stack ?
Fabrice Debarge
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

That's what I asked above.
daninski

Post by daninski »

Ah yeah, we're talking about the CTG layer. Not the FX effect. Sorry. The thread is talking about the CTG layer though, right? The FX called auto paint is more your Stroke Recorder isn't it?
http://www.daninski.com
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.
Elodie

Re: CTG Layer

Post by Elodie »

Ok ! That's what I wanted to know (I thought also you were tlaking about CTG layer, but I wanted to be sure).

Flat colours in the CTG layer cannot be smoothed directly, this is not how the algorithm works.

However, you can extract colours and then use FX > Stylize > Anti Aliasing.