MOTION KEYFRAMER DESIGN MENU

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Animationriver

MOTION KEYFRAMER DESIGN MENU

Post by Animationriver »

Hello! :)
I draw a lot. But I twist the picture not often. When it comes to the instrument Motion Keyframer... I am overcome by a strong embarrassment.
Maybe I'm wrong when I want to help you make the menu more convenient ... :)

1. Write the axis name opposite to the rotation ANGLE parameter (around X axis) why not?

2.This is not convenient when I do not see the color designation of the axes. Do you have access to the interface ... set colored small dashes...

3. I'm used to intuitively say X-Y-Z when I was in school. It is a habit. Think Y-X-Z))))))) I'm absolutely not comfortable.From up to down in meny - Angle.

4.I read the instructions and did the tests. But I absolutely do not understand the purpose of the windows with check marks HEADIN - PICH- BANK. I Have big embarrassment...Big sorry :)

5.The ANGLE parameters - have a functional and result.
Windows ROTATION ??? "I get knocked down" and I completely do not understand their purpose.
I insert numbers in ROTATION .. but this does not affect the result.

I really love TVPAINT. But this KAYFAMER design meny :) :) :) :idea:
p.s. I am alone ? ))))
Attachments
motion key framer2.jpg
motion key framer.jpg
Last edited by Animationriver on 14 Nov 2017, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.
www.youtube.com/c/animationriver
MAC OS Sierra 10.12.6 64 bits , MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB Memory , TVPaint PRO 11.5.2 64bit
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 Мb
Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD Touch - Wacom Intuos Pro 5 - driver version 6.3.37-2
slowtiger

Re: MOTION KEYFRAMER DESIGN MENY

Post by slowtiger »

No, you're not alone, the Keyframer is a pretty complex thing, although its basics are explained in the manual.

I agree that the rotation axis names (XYZ) should be used instead of (or additionlly to) bank, head, and pitch, as these names are totally unknown to non-native speakers of english (or pilots). And I agree that the small squares and all that stuff they call HUD are next to unuseable, I always have to use the text fields and check if it does what I want.

So if you just want to rotate something around the Z axis, use the angle field in the bank line. The rotation should better be named number of rotations, since that's what it does.

Head - pitch - bank is pilot jargon, for some people it helps to imagine their object as a plane when they want to rotate it in 3D space. The align checkbox links the object's rotation to the path between keyframes.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Animationriver

Re: MOTION KEYFRAMER DESIGN MENY

Post by Animationriver »

slowtiger wrote: 14 Nov 2017, 11:29 No, you're not alone, the Keyframer is a pretty complex thing, although its basics are explained in the manual.

I agree that the rotation axis names (XYZ) should be used instead of (or additionlly to) bank, head, and pitch, as these names are totally unknown to non-native speakers of english (or pilots). And I agree that the small squares and all that stuff they call HUD are next to unuseable, I always have to use the text fields and check if it does what I want.

So if you just want to rotate something around the Z axis, use the angle field in the bank line. The rotation should better be named number of rotations, since that's what it does.

Head - pitch - bank is pilot jargon, for some people it helps to imagine their object as a plane when they want to rotate it in 3D space. The align checkbox links the object's rotation to the path between keyframes.
Hello)) Some things ))
1. I want a very clear video tutorial with the logic of work.
2. And I do not believe that the current position in the menu is the limit of convenience.
3. I ask developers to look at this toolkit in a new way. Not as a pilot)))
4. I use this toolkit. But I see that his potential is greater. Give access to convenience, please.
5. I'm not a pilot, but I'm like a downed pilot))) :D
Attachments
Снимок экрана 2017-11-14 в 16.03.34.jpg
Снимок экрана 2017-11-14 в 16.03.34.jpg (6.35 KiB) Viewed 16978 times
www.youtube.com/c/animationriver
MAC OS Sierra 10.12.6 64 bits , MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB Memory , TVPaint PRO 11.5.2 64bit
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 Мb
Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD Touch - Wacom Intuos Pro 5 - driver version 6.3.37-2