Moho Pro 12 (Bezier Handles) Like WARP Tool

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Animationriver

Moho Pro 12 (Bezier Handles) Like WARP Tool

Post by Animationriver »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47I5HIV49lY[/youtube]
Moho Pro 12 (Bezier Handles)
an interesting solution. Similar to WARP TOOL in TVPaint. :D :roll:
www.youtube.com/c/animationriver
MAC OS Sierra 10.12.6 64 bits , MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB Memory , TVPaint PRO 11.5.2 64bit
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 Мb
Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD Touch - Wacom Intuos Pro 5 - driver version 6.3.37-2
schwarzgrau

Re: Moho Pro 12 (Bezier Handles) Like WARP Tool

Post by schwarzgrau »

I guess the big difference is that Moho uses vectors instead of pixels, which makes such deforming operations a lot easier. From my understanding TVPaint would need to save every line you draw (additional to the pixels), like After Effects drawing tool does it to perform such a warp. Unfortunately it would slow down TVPaint significant.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Animationriver

Post by Animationriver »

schwarzgrau wrote: 12 Feb 2018, 11:36 I guess the big difference is that Moho uses vectors instead of pixels, which makes such deforming operations a lot easier. From my understanding TVPaint would need to save every line you draw (additional to the pixels), like After Effects drawing tool does it to perform such a warp. Unfortunately it would slow down TVPaint significant.
.....who knows.
www.youtube.com/c/animationriver
MAC OS Sierra 10.12.6 64 bits , MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB Memory , TVPaint PRO 11.5.2 64bit
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 Мb
Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD Touch - Wacom Intuos Pro 5 - driver version 6.3.37-2
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

I think the two concepts are fundamentally different.

Bezier handles are vector based and work with curve values which can be interpolated. The WARP concept works with a grid which subdivides the pixel field, then redraws/interpolates the pixel content of each cell in the grid to deform the original pixel image. Each time the new deformation is redrawn and stamped, the deformed grid is thrown away and a new, "re-squared" grid is drawn over the deformed pixels of the previous result. Since the grid starts freshly "re-squared" after each deformation, progressive, multi-frame interpolation isn't part of the WARP concept. Also, there is a cumulative degradation/softening of the original image over subsequent frames (like a xerox of a xerox of a xerox...)

...except in the case where the deformation reuses the same source image from the library. In that case the deformation is persistent over multiple frames AND always deforms the original library source image, so the xerox of a xerox degradation doesn't occur. Still, there is no interpolation of this "clean", progressive deformation available, since each new frame must be "deformed by hand".

I guess the concepts really are fundamentally different.

For now, the WARP concept in TVPaint is only a partially realized tool, but deformational interpolation of the grid over multiple frames might be a future capability (for many WARP users, the lack of multi-frame interpolation is the most significant shortcoming.)

One thing I'd like to see is the ability to store a "home grid" and a set of control points as part of the library source image, so you could easily deform the same source image in different sequences. Theoretically, this could provide a way to truly interpolated, sequential, multi-frame deformations as well.

I'd be interested to hear if any TVPaint users regularly use the current WARP tool in their work flow, and how?

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Svengali wrote: 13 Feb 2018, 01:49 I'd be interested to hear if any TVPaint users regularly use the current WARP tool in their work flow, and how?
I use it for really tiny movements. Sometimes the movement eases out over a lot of frames, then redrawing the whole image would result in too much jitter, so I only warp the image somewhere between my two key-poses.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
daninski

Post by daninski »

If you don't already use it, the warp panel in this thread is fantastic for animating with the warp tool... http://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 58#p105958
http://www.daninski.com
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.