Repeat-image to left

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
NathanOtano

Repeat-image to left

Post by NathanOtano »

Hey!
Sometimes I need to use the repeat function (faux-fixe) but my drawings need to be on the right of the layer and the repeat going to the left. Could be a nice option!
Nathan
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Peter Wassink

Re: Repeat-image to left

Post by Peter Wassink »

can you explain more?
i cannot think directly of a situation where this would make a difference.
repeat is always a limited span of frames, so what does it matter if the source frames(the ones you repeat) are on the left or the right of this span?
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

When animating multiple characters or separating an animation on different layers (head, lipsynch etc while the body cycles) for exemple I prefer to work everything at the same spot regarding timing (for flipping for exemple, instead of having to mark every frame because that timing could change also). And sometimes I have to change timing on the right of the shot and I want it to adapt on the left. Or for exemple I have a loop that then catches another animation so I want to loop the beginning of the shot and work my frames next to the change.
I understand that "at the end" I could work it out so it loops the right way, but while working (and also when i send it to my assistant animator) it's handier sometimes to have my instances on the right while working.

But well maybe that's not that bad
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

no, i understand you now and think that it's a reasonable request.
and it wouldn't be too hard to implement... i guess.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

But I think it would get very confusing since there's no indication besides the little number (which vanishes in collapsed timelines).
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

slowtiger wrote: 07 Jun 2018, 16:27 But I think it would get very confusing since there's no indication besides the little number (which vanishes in collapsed timelines).
that copuld be fixed by adding a UI marker.

perhaps something like a colored line under the layer in the area of the frame names