More efficient organization of Custom Panels

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
D.T. Nethery

More efficient organization of Custom Panels

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Does anyone else have this problem ? --

If you are like me , you've accumulated dozens or hundreds of Custom Panels . I have over 100 in my Custom Panels list.

The list of my custom panels in the Custom Panels menu are listed in alphabetical order. However, most of these Custom Panels are stored in the left or right Drawer storage bin.
(most of mine are actually in the right side Drawer, with only my most often used panels in the left side Drawer) . In the Drawers the Custom Panels are not stored in
alphabetical order , but this is the request I am making:

When a Custom Panel is dropped into the Drawer on the left or right side , I would like the custom panels to automatically be stacked in alphabetical order.

My second request is this:

Clicking on the custom panel name on the list in the Custom Panel menu would automatically open that panel in the project window . This happens IF the panel was previously open in the project window and was closed while still in the project window ... BUT if the custom panel was in the storage Drawer and was closed , then clicking on the custom panel name in the Custom Panel menu does not open it in the project window , it opens it in the Drawer ... however , if one has dozens or hundreds of custom panels in the storage Drawer (not in alphabetical order) it can take a long time to scroll down through all the panels in the Drawer to find it .

So what I am requesting is that when you click on the name of the custom panel in the Custom Panel menu it will always open in the project window , no matter if it was closed from the project window or closed from the Drawer . Does that make sense ?

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: More efficient organization of Custom Panels

Post by Thierry »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 01:46When a Custom Panel is dropped into the Drawer on the left or right side , I would like the custom panels to automatically be stacked in alphabetical order.
I also have a ton of panels and when I put them in the Right Drawer I put them in order of importance (the ones I'm currently using on top, and the ones I'm not using often in the bottom), and having them sorted in alphabetical order would "disrupt" my sorting order.
I think that this should be a preferences option rather than the only behavior.
D.T. Nethery wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 01:46So what I am requesting is that when you click on the name of the custom panel in the Custom Panel menu it will always open in the project window , no matter if it was closed from the project window or closed from the Drawer . Does that make sense ?
It does make a lot of sense !
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
D.T. Nethery

Re: More efficient organization of Custom Panels

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Thierry wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 13:53
D.T. Nethery wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 01:46When a Custom Panel is dropped into the Drawer on the left or right side , I would like the custom panels to automatically be stacked in alphabetical order.
I also have a ton of panels and when I put them in the Right Drawer I put them in order of importance (the ones I'm currently using on top, and the ones I'm not using often in the bottom), and having them sorted in alphabetical order would "disrupt" my sorting order.
I think that this should be a preferences option rather than the only behavior.
Yes, that would be best , to have it be an option in preferences ( 'Sort Custom Brushes in Drawer by User Order' or 'Sort Custom Brushes in Drawer by Alphabetical Order')

Thierry wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 13:53
D.T. Nethery wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 01:46So what I am requesting is that when you click on the name of the custom panel in the Custom Panel menu it will always open in the project window , no matter if it was closed from the project window or closed from the Drawer . Does that make sense ?
It does make a lot of sense !
Ok, good . I hope it can be added to the To-Do list.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1