Embedded custom panel stay minimized

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
D.T. Nethery

Embedded custom panel stay minimized

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Here's an annoying little bug ... or maybe it's not really a bug , so consider this is a feature request .

When I have a custom panel or panels I want to share, I choose the option "Embed in the Project" (so I can share the custom panel with another person working on the same scene).
When I save my .tvpp file I save it with the custom panel(s) minimized(compacted) , like this :
Embedded Custom Panels minimized when saving.jpg
Embedded Custom Panels minimized when saving.jpg (14.03 KiB) Viewed 10833 times
However, when the .tvpp file is opened again (by a colleague or by me) the embedded custom panels automatically are expanded . The request is that embedded custom panels will remain minimized if that is the state that the user had them when the .tvpp project file was last saved . So opening up the scene the panels should still be minimized as in the first attached image, not expanded as in the second attached image.
When file is re-opened the Panels are expanded.jpg
When file is re-opened the Panels are expanded.jpg (46.62 KiB) Viewed 10833 times

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Peter Wassink

Re: Embedded custom panel stay minimized

Post by Peter Wassink »

Hey David,
nice to see you also use the custom panel as a color palette!

we also use them as our palettes in the current production in exactly the same way.
it has the great advantage over other palette options in tvpaint, of the possibility to label the colors.
also a bit more flexibility and control over the layout.

for some reason however they take very long to load over the network.

We chose not to embed but to keep them locally, due to the large amount of tvpainprojects involved.
this way we stay more flexible when changes are required in the palette
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM