natural-media brushes

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
hisko

natural-media brushes

Post by hisko »

I know there are ways to make custombrushes, but it would be so cool if TVpaint would have more presets that look like natural-media brushes, just like in painter (Corel). Painter is a perfect program for all sorts of illustrators, visualisers and conceptartists, but it's worthless for animation.
Visualisers use Photoshop and Painter in combination with Aftereffects and Premiere to make moving storyboards for commercials. It's a big business. TVpaint has the big advantage that it can combine drawingtools and compositing tools in one programme, making it much more convenient and faster to work with.
The compositing tools are nice now, but the drawing tools are not on the same level as those of Painter.

My favourite brush for TVpaint would be
-digital watercolor (see painter10), it works only in multiplymode since watercolor is transparent, colors added always make the other colors darker)
fabrice_

Post by fabrice_ »

If we have some time left, we will try to do an improved tool-bin.
My favourite brush for TVpaint would be
-digital watercolor (see painter10), it works only in multiplymode since watercolor is transparent, colors added always make the other colors darker)
hmm ... good idea. :D

Fabrice Debarge / Beta-Team member / Author of the user-manual.