Animation Layer Timing

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Tantalus wrote:
... they still have a slight advantage in easy resizeability without questions :D

an instance with exposures (hold frames) is resizable without questions ...
on condition that you drag the tail, not the layer-handle . 8)
yes, so draging needs more precision...
but with slight i was refering to the disadvantage of not being able to drag in the other direction(drag left)
only one tail vs. two handles 8)
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

oh I see ... I completely forgot the left side! :wink:
hisko

Post by hisko »

To Madsjuul,

I just saw Princess on DVD.
I'm glad I saw it, it was very well directed and special and it definitely touched me. Great to see such an 'adult' animated film outside of the festival-short circuit.
Did you direct certain passages, or characters? And how many animators worked on it?
I have to say that allthough the storytelling and editing was near perfect, I was dissapointed by the last 10 minutes of the film, because somehow it became a simple revenge-film and the sensitivity (I don't mean sentimentality) of the story and the characters somewhat flattened. But still, a milestone in animation, I think.
What are you working on now?
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

hisko wrote:... Did you direct certain passages, or characters? And how many animators worked on it? ...
part of the answer can be found there : http://www.princessthemovie.co.uk/uk/forside.htm
go to : cast & Crew / Crew - Animation ...
22 persons in the Animation crew, it begins to be quite a big team, I mean in Europe ... :)
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Thank You Hisko for the kind words.
I have been working closely together with the films director Anders Morgenthaler for 8 years. And was First hired for Princess as the Animator of August(One of the main character). But during the Produktion we change the
orginasition of the and I got the title of Animation Director together with Kristjan Møller. Beacuse Directing animation. can sometimes be very technically and you need knowledge about how to animate so you can help other animators to "solve" the scene. So I became the "Animation Director" of the 2d characters. and Kristjan took the Layout and bacgounds. And Anders Morgenthaler concentrated on the whole film and editing and final look and ofcause the live action,. which I didnt have anything to to do with(Real people? hrmppfff :-)) We where all in all 6 animators. 3 full employed and 6 dedicated trainees who made a tremendous work .-) and the animators did both the animation and cleanup.

Your could be right about the ending . But It is Anderss first film and I think that it has.. how Should I put it.. some debutant inconsistent :-)
When I started on Princess. It was more like a regular revence film.
But s the Produktion went aheaad Morgenthaler pulled out alot of the action qlichees and we got more scerentime between the two main characters Agust and the little girl Mia. And im very satisfied with the result.
All in all im very proud of the film And I think its definatley a milestone in danish animation. And isnt it the first fully digital No paper animation feature in Europe?
But actually I was talking with some colleges yesterday And I was thinking about Princess will open or close the doors for more "adult" animation in denmark/europe. Because it maybe to artistic the themes is to much. I mean child abuse and its very slow and so. hmm . And it didnt go that well in denmark despite Morgenthaler is quite famous. Didnt "Yellow Submarine" destroy Earope feature animation for a decade?

well Right now im working on Anders Morgenthalers next AnimatedFeature. As an Animation director. Its called "The Apple And the Worm" And its about.. An Apple who gets a worm. We have doubled the animator budgets. so we are 5 animatos and 4 cleanup artist. and some traineees. (If there is some outthere who would like to be a trainee we can need all the help we can get :-)). you can se the company webside here:
http://www.copenhagenbombay.com/
there is no clips from "the Apple" yet but I think there will be soon.'
It is a family animated feature. And I think its very fun to work on. We switched to TVPaint on this produktion and Im very Pleased(totally happy) with this choise.

best regards Mads.
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

found that :

Aeblet & Ormen (its original title)

I can't wait to see the trailer !!! :D