Share Manager server or proxy

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Lars K

Share Manager server or proxy

Post by Lars K »

Hiya, I'm one of those who find the Share Manage quite amazing, however I'm also stuck on another network than anybody I'd be working with. Having the ability to connect with somebody, or even a group of people (small dedicated server?), over the internet without having to use intermediate steps such as online filesharing would be absolutely fantastic. Could this be possible? Thanks!

Edit: oh, and happy birthday Fabrice!
D.T. Nethery

Re: Share Manager server or proxy

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Lars K wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 09:50 Hiya, I'm one of those who find the Share Manage quite amazing, however I'm also stuck on another network than anybody I'd be working with. Having the ability to connect with somebody, or even a group of people (small dedicated server?), over the internet without having to use intermediate steps such as online filesharing would be absolutely fantastic. Could this be possible? Thanks!
Edit: oh, and happy birthday Fabrice!
Bumping this up , because it was never answered and I have the same question.

Can Share Manager be configured to work over a VPN , so a remote user could connect to the home studio network/server ?

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: Share Manager server or proxy

Post by Thierry »

The problem is that using a VPN to access the software is not allowed by our EULA:
TVPaint Animation 11 EULA, Article 3.4 wrote:The Licensee is not authorised to install, access or allow installation or access to the software over the internet or on another non-local network, including, in particular, its use as part of a wide area network (WAN), a virtual private network (VPN), virtualisation, Web hosting, in time sharing, as part of an office service, software as a service, a dematerialisation service or technology or other.
Sooo.... I guess the answer is no :p
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.