Using Different Wacom Pens with TVPaint

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
cartoonM!ke

Using Different Wacom Pens with TVPaint

Post by cartoonM!ke »

Hi,

I have a intous II wacom tablet. I have two pens and an airbrush stylus. When I use a program, like Corel's Painter, I can have each stylus have a different "tool" (that is one stylus can be a pencil and the other can be an oil brush) and the Airbrush stylus defaults to the airbrush tool. Each tool can have its "own" colors (the A and B colors as named in TVP).

It would be so cool if TVPaint Animation could do that. I could set up the airbrush tool for coloring and the other two styluses could be set up for two different pencils/pens. That would save a lot of time for me, not to mention make things a bit easier, such as clean-up and such.

Is something like that possible with TVPaint? I absolutely love this feature in Painter!

Thanks,

Mike
I don't want it all --
Where would I put it?
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

Hi Mike,
This is already possible in TVP Animation. Each side of each stylus you have can be use as a different tool. Settings of each brush are saving by the software when switching between each one.
Ex TVPaint Team
cartoonM!ke

Post by cartoonM!ke »

:oops: You're totally right, just tested it and was able to set all three styluses to a different pen and color and was able to switch between them.

I guess that I tried that in the demo and it didn't work and just assumed that was the case in the upgrade and the recent update.

Sorry about my confusion. But for me it's like a new feature in any case :D
I don't want it all --
Where would I put it?