straight line tool

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
hisko

straight line tool

Post by hisko »

Would it be possible to enhance the pressure sensitivity of the straightline when it's a custombrush?
Now the pressure sensitivity works only in some directions, so sometimes it's impossible to get a line at all, or only badly visible, making it hard and timeconsuming to work with.
In the end it works, but I have to redo a straight line appr. 5 times before it's right (see attached uncolored sketch)
Attachments
bidden.2.klein.jpg
boeren.jpg
TVPaint
Site Admin

Post by TVPaint »

Hisko,
What do you mean when you say that the pressure sensitivity works only in some directions ?
hisko

Post by hisko »

Hi,

What I mean to say is that if I work with the peterpencil for example, I can use the straight line tool, and control the opacity/thickness of the line by pressing hard or soft just before releasing the pen from the wacom tablet. That's cool, so far. But it doesn't work allways. When I use the straight line tool in some directions (or degrees as you might say), it doesn't work at all, or I get only a very thin line.

Another thing that occured to me today (another topic) is that I noticed that there is no way make sure that subpixel is on by default when making a brush. Everytime I make a brush, subpixel is off, and I think that it would be really better to have more control over those sort of things in the preference- menu for example.
The "lock aspect" button is another example of a feature that I want to be on by default.

Cheers, Hisko
hisko

Post by hisko »

We already found some solution for the straight line option by setting the anim-option of the peterpencil on none. The pressuresensitivity doesn't work then, but at least the lines work with that pencillook.