edit sound/multple sound layers

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Mads Juul

edit sound/multple sound layers

Post by Mads Juul »

I'm currently using tv paint for storyboarding Our next feature film. An its great .-)

But We still need to make the final animatic in an editing program(Avid). because I cant time the sound correct.
So my feature request is just enoughs sound layers and sound editing possiblilities to make an animatic in TVPaint. Maybe also a possibility to write an OMF file or an edl so We can export the sound setting to the final editing program.

Is there any plans for such feature, and if yes what is the time horizent?

-Mads
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

Hi Mads,
So what you want is a multi editing audio system, dont you?

Since the TVPaint Technology is a 2D drawing technology, it only offer the ability to add a soundtrack. The addition of a multi soundtrack system can appear in the future version but we have to study the implementation of an editiong soundtrack system.
So stay tuned.
Ex TVPaint Team
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Yearh it is a big thing to ask .-) But it would be so Cool if i could storyboard and make the animatic in the same software .-). But maybe the change shouldnt be that big for improve the storyboarding experience a lot.

Just to explain the problem I am having now.

A sound engineers has recorded and edited the dialog of the movie into one .wav file.
I am soryboarding in TVpaint to this sound file. but sometimes the dialog is coming to fast(or to slow) , if I got a new Ideer for the storyboard , Or if I have another idear of how the timing should than te sound engineer. so It would be nice if I could edit the sound layer in that sense that I should cut it in two, and make the secound cut start later so I could but more drawings between the two pieces of dialog. So it is not an complete multi editing system to create final sound that I am looking for orr??
It would just make TVPaint even more great for storyboarding

-mads