Gui not updateing while George script is running

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Mads Juul

Gui not updateing while George script is running

Post by Mads Juul »

I think It could be more beautifull and faster
If We had the possibilty not to update the Gui while a George script is running

f.x I have posted the remove all Bookmarks script. and it would look more like a original feature off tvpaint and not so confusing for other people.
if we didnt see the current frame indicater jump around while clearing bookmarks.

-mads
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

hi Mads,
not sure I'm getting exactely the meaning of your request,
but have you considered to use the tv_LockDisplay (at the begining)
and tv_UnLockDisplay (at the end) commands in your scripts ?
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Its sort of what I want. But I dont want a text message at the end
And I dont want it to update the timeline either,
I can see that right noe It still moves the curser around in the timeline during execution of a script.

all of the interface shoulcnt update until the script is finished.

-mads
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

remember that some scripts/commands take time to process, which means you'd be sitting infront of screen that does nothing and updates nothing until it's finished. Like waiting for rendering, which is the most boring thing in the world.
I quite like the fact that I see what's being done on the screen whilst I'm waiting for the process to finish. It shows me the stages in achieving a result. It's a kind of honesty on the software side.
Let's all support sincereware!
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

I ageree with you that its good to show people that now my script is doing something.
But im talking about the small scripts that I think would be faster is I had the possibility to not update the GUI while running like my
clear all bookmarks script.

I was also thinking about making scripts which stored different bookmarks settings like.
"3drawings earligere" or the instance before .
in the user settings and then the shift would be faster if the gui wasnt updating. At this point the executing time of the script is annoying me, so I just thought it would be faster if the gui isnt updating.
-mads