Video Grab controlled by Spacebar

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
D.T. Nethery

Video Grab controlled by Spacebar

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Simple request, and no big deal, but if it is easy to do and you get around to it I would like to request the option that the space bar can control the Video Grab button.

One thing I like about a lot of pencil test programs like Toki Line Test or DigiCel Flipbook is that the image capture is controlled by tapping the Space bar on the keyboard.

I am aware that I can set up one of the other keys on the keyboard to control the Video Grab , but the space bar is so easy to find with one's hand even if you're not looking at the keyboard. Typically when one is in the midst of shooting drawings on a down shooter , taking the drawings on and off the peg bar it is easier to simply reach over , without having to turn to look at the keyboard, and simply tap the space bar to capture a frame.
Attachments
Video_Grabber.jpg

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

well, I wonder if it comes from to keep the space-bar (shortkey) for Mac users emulating the RMB, ...?

anyway, I'm on PC and I personnaly use the space-bar to grab for a while now ! :wink:
Attachments
spacekey2grab.png
spacekey2grab.png (6.86 KiB) Viewed 11132 times
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

ZigOtto wrote:well, I wonder if it comes from to keep the space-bar (shortkey) for Mac users emulating the RMB, ...?

anyway, I'm on PC and I personnaly use the space-bar to grab for a while now ! :wink:

Oh, I'm an idiot !

I thought I had searched up and down that list of keyboard shortcuts in the TVPaint Preferences looking for Space bar ,
but couldn't find it ... except now that I see your post and I look again : lo and behold, there it is ! I just now assigned Video Grab to Space , so all's well.

Thanks for pointing it out to me . I don't know how I missed it the first time.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1