Display curent layer other layers colored

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Mads Juul

Display curent layer other layers colored

Post by Mads Juul »

Sometimes It can be difficult to see what layer you are working on so I was thinking of a feature where the current layers are shown normally. but the layers behind and in front are shown in one color. just like its possible with the light table with images or instance before and after the cureent.

-mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
Hervé
Site Admin

Re: Display curent layer other layers colored

Post by Hervé »

madsjuul wrote:Sometimes It can be difficult to see what layer you are working on so I was thinking of a feature where the current layers are shown normally. but the layers behind and in front are shown in one color. just like its possible with the light table with images or instance before and after the cureent.
-mads
Hey Mads, have you trying the shaker ?
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
Mads Juul

Re: Display curent layer other layers colored

Post by Mads Juul »

Hervé wrote: Hey Mads, have you trying the shaker ?
yes I have quite funny :D

But Im feeling I need something more visual. I dont know if anyone is having the same experience?

right now im working with different transparency on my layer so I can see if Im drawing on the wrong layer(the color is grey instead of black vica versa)

But I easily work with it as it is now. I was just thinking if anybody else was missing it, cause i guess its relatively simple to implement

And i just think the green/red colors in the lighttable function so well

-mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
toonsisters

Post by toonsisters »

Dear Mads,

I do agree that this function could be very helpful.
I experienced the same.
Before I think about using the shaker I already made the mistake.

If there woud be an easier visual help to highlight the working layer than changing the transparency of the others each by each everytime this could be timesaving and nervesaving.

Vera