parenting brushes\layers

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
sury rony

parenting brushes\layers

Post by sury rony »

parenting like in toon boom and after fx can be a nice feature or even farther down the road - IK.
i tried to think about it in tvpaint logic - my head hurts
hisko

Post by hisko »

This has been one of my favourite requests before.
It's one of the things that would make tvpaint a better compositing program.
If you want to make a cameramotion for several layers at the same time for instance, the way to do it now is to apply the same keyframer-effect over and over again for the required layers, which is a drag, but possible.
What I always do, is to duplicate every layer before I apply an effect, because tvpaint works destructive. So if you don't duplicate a layer, parts of it may be gone forever after applying the effect.
Another thing you can do now, is to activate only the klayers that you would like to group, and than apply a motioneffect, with 'display' as source in the effectstack.

What is IK?
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

to obtain parenting and inverse kinematics tvpaimnt shpould be quite different.shouldnt it?

I mean then every layer should be like a glass plate where you could animate the x y and z coordinate freely. like the old real multiplane cameras or After effects or other compositing programs where you animate the source around burt it doesnt adffect the actaul source destruktive. that would really be an improvement off the program in term of compositing. But that would also be a major change I guess?

And would it affect the speed of tvpaimt? I mean now its the drawing program with the fastest response time I have encounter(After effects is f.x is a joke to draw in) And the speed Is for me more important for an animation program than true 3d layers.

-mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
hisko

Post by hisko »

madsjuul wrote: And would it affect the speed of tvpaimt? I mean now its the drawing program with the fastest response time I have encounter(After effects is f.x is a joke to draw in) And the speed Is for me more important for an animation program than true 3d layers.

-mads
I agree with you. But I found out that the destructiveness is only a small problem for me, not the most important one. But grouping layers wouldn't have to be non-destructive. It would be just a way to move all the required layers at once by grouping them, but still keep all the layers separate (without merging them, because that's already possible) Why would that affect the speed? If you duplicate the group, you can allways go back to your original layergroup if you made some mistake with the effect. It wouldn't be the ultimate solution, but it would be better than it is now.

My favourite interface would be one, where every layer, or group of layers can be folded open to show the different effects (I mean before they are adjusted) and their parameters (just as in after effects), and an improved progress profile (with beziercurves) for every parameter. That wouldn't have to be nondestructive. Just give every layer a preview button to show for a moment what the layer would look like if the effect would be adjusted (just as it is now, but the problem now is, that you cannot show the effects of the seperate layers at once).
So if the preview is on, you cannot work in the layer (just like it is now). That way, it doesn't make the program slower.

So to sum it up, sort of a effectstack-window with progress profile that's in the layer(group) itself, only affecting the layer when previewed or applied.
sury rony

Post by sury rony »

madsjuul wrote:to obtain parenting and inverse kinematics tvpaimnt shpould be quite different.shouldnt it?

I mean then every layer should be like a glass plate where you could animate the x y and z coordinate freely. like the old real multiplane cameras or After effects or other compositing programs where you animate the source around burt it doesnt adffect the actaul source destruktive. that would really be an improvement off the program in term of compositing. But that would also be a major change I guess?

And would it affect the speed of tvpaimt? I mean now its the drawing program with the fastest response time I have encounter(After effects is f.x is a joke to draw in) And the speed Is for me more important for an animation program than true 3d layers.

-mads
i've given it some thought , about if it is really necasery ...i guess not really.
but it would be really nice if i could "link" and parent layers together in a plugin\effect based interface like the motion tweener so not too much "computer power" is being used.
i know most of those "IK" (inverse kinematic) apps are vector -so it's diffrent thought process... i guess.