Two quick things - Selection and website bad link

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
djm99001

Two quick things - Selection and website bad link

Post by djm99001 »

There should be a place on the timeline I can click to actually select a single frame, rather than right click and "select image." The copy/cut/paste process is more difficult than it needs to be.

Also, on the forums section of the front page, ("The 5 latest posts from the Community forums"), clicking on the section, such as "Technical Support," leads to a 404 error.

Thanks!
David
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

you can select a single frame by making a stroke under it.
a yellow bar will appear under the frame to indicate it is selected.

but actually i agree this could be improved (made simpler)
it would make sense to be able to do a CTRL-C on the active frame. (the one between the double red lines)
without first having to select it.... !

because...:
when doing a CTRL-c without first making a selection what else do you intend to copy but the current frame?
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

Tantalus wrote:because...:
when doing a CTRL-c without first making a selection what else do you intend to copy but the current frame?
good point here! I hope for this logical behavior in one of the next releases.

to copy/paste single frame, I personally use the [Push Image]* and [Pop Image]* buttons of the Animator Panel,
which basically do [Copy Current Frame] for the fisrt, and [Paste/Replace Current/Selected Frame(s)] for the second one,
I have added a third one, a "Pop Image" variation, which [Paste/Insert After Current Frame], so no frame is overwritten.
if you intend to use them intensively, I would recommend to name them and to assign them to shortkeys.

* btw, I hate these buttons names, and their icons as well ...
Attachments
PushPopPopi.png
PushPopPopi.png (1.83 KiB) Viewed 10118 times