Layer Select Area

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Sewie

Re: Layer Select Area

Post by Sewie »

NathanOtano wrote:...
Also why don't you select your layers one the left area?...
If you read the previous posts in this thread you'll see that Zigotto asked the same question and that I answered;
...when working quickly, you'll risk clicking either: 1-the collapse layer widget, 2-lock layer button, 3-the lightbox button, 4-the opacity slider, 5-the color pulldown menu. (And all the while you have all this unused screen space inside the layer body.) I have tried working like this and it's very annoying. Remember I'm talking about workflow-wise. If you are working quickly in the creative flow of things. When working under deadlines this often happens and it's very annoying to have to keep going back to reset buttons or settings you may have hit accidentally.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

I thought i read everything, or i forgot, sorry :S
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

No problem at all. :)
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

I'm bumping this up. Can this feature request please be considered?
When under pressure and having to speed up the process (for example when storyboarding; drawing and coloring/graying on different layers) this issue can become very annoying.