What happens in one layer happens in 'em all . . .

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
toonybrain

What happens in one layer happens in 'em all . . .

Post by toonybrain »

I've encountered several situations where I wished that I could make what I did to one layer occur in all of the layers I've selected.

Example. I'm animating two clips. Both clips have a monkey moving in the same way at the beginning and end. The monkey has been done in about 8 different layers. I dont' want to merge the monkey (that's a new expression right there). In the second clip the monkey's actions will be different in the middle than how he acted in the middle of the first clip.

Hence, I would like to split ALL the monkey layers after the beginning and before the end and then insert the different action sequence in the middle. Then "sew" the split layers back together again all nice and neat around the different middle. TA DA! Two different monkey clips with the same beginning and ending, but different middles, and two different clips done relatively quickly.

Now, after I've typed all this, I will probably find out that there is a simple way to do this of which I've remained unblissfully ignorant all this time . . . :shock: