Make every tabbed window a Tear-Off + Extra Panel Bin(s)?

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Kwadrope

Make every tabbed window a Tear-Off + Extra Panel Bin(s)?

Post by Kwadrope »

And I DO mean EVERY TAB.

Xsheet tab,Project Tab,Timeline Tab,TOOL bin Tabs,Color Slider Tab,Color Mixer Tab and I must be forgetting some more.

Countless times already am I working one way or another where I need some tabbed windows side by side,and I can't. When I'm working in the bin,I can't check my tools settings,when I'm working in xsheet,I can't see my timeline.
Let the user organize and place tabs where they want,just make sure you provide a default Windows function for when things go amiss. Reversly Let them also tab together windows. Custom windows tabbed to each other for less clutter and more in 1 window with several tabs to categorize your tools.

Some examples of this way of working are Gimp,Blender,Toonboom,Photoshop...

Especially Gimp and toonboom are exceptional in this (also blender) letting you open windows from almost any other window and joining them as tabs.

In my opinion even the lighttable and the Effects panels are fit for tabbing,but maybe because of their width only to each other. Or the light table could get a Vertical style as well that can be toggled. Just offering some options here. This because a more customizable interface (which I might have mentioned before) is the way to go. You CANNOT please everyone with an interface. But if you make almost any option possible,it just might be the closest thing.

as a second Feature wish : More Panel bins! Right now we have 2 panel bins for tools and custom tools and the timeline/project/xsheet combo. These three have the option to slide out when you hover near the edge 3 sides of the screen. Why not one on top? At least for the Timeline this might be extremely handy,but also for more custom windows as well as windows that don't fit in the left or right ones. This because I think this could truly make for a 'windowless' experience so that no single window is always in the way of your drawing.

I also noticed you can put the timeline vertically as a slide out on the right. This is great but you loose your right panel bin. Or am I missing something? You should then get your right panel bin on the bottom or something...

And if we could go really nuts I'd even add panel bins for the diagonal corners. :D

or even different panel bins sliding out depending on when you press CTRL or SHIFT of CTRL+SHIFT,or just a toggle button which shifts between several panel bin states?

The panel bins are awesome, make them more powerful!

Now I realize this might sometimes seem to much,do note that I just talk in ways of "ideally" or "I think". They are just some of my views and you can read and do with them as you please (ofcourse). I like the way TVpaint is going and just want to offer new ideas or extrapolate ideas from existing features.