Locking the width dimension of the Custom Panels

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Svengali

Locking the width dimension of the Custom Panels

Post by Svengali »

Editing mode of a custom panel can be toggled on and off (by checking/unchecking the "editable" option within the panel popup), so that the user is unable to accidentally or deliberately delete or edit the buttons.

I think a similar option should be offered so that the WIDTH DIMENSION of the panel can be locked or unlocked so that you don't inadvertently change the shape or the arrangement of the rows/columns. Alternatively the Width Dimension could be locked any time the Editing option is toggled off.

REASON:
When selecting custom buttons in floating panels, I often accidentally grab the edge of the custom panel and modify the shape or the row/column arrangement - requiring that I break in the middle of drawing something to reset the panel's dimensions... annoying and disorienting to say the least. I can't be the only user this happens to...

AN OBVIOUS EXCEPTION:
the "locked Width Dimension" would revert to the standard width when inserted into the left or right panel bins - BUT the LOCKED WIDTH DIMENSION would be remembered and re-established so it takes effect when ever a panel is removed from the panel bin.

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB