save layouts

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
malcooning

save layouts

Post by malcooning »

yo,

would be great to be able to save different toolbars and windows layouts. In that way we could have different setups for different stages of the work. I know you can have different layout by creating different users, but that is a bit more clumsy, and takes more disk space.

cheers.

a
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

good idea, as usely when you come here for a request!
:)
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

I would definatly make use of that!

having the option to make saveable preset work environments.
so that one can easily switch between different panel&custompanel layouts, this way you can very quickly switch to seeing only the panels needed for a particular step of the process

i even imagine that these can have their own colorschemes.
it could help orientating what 'mode' you are in

for instance when doing coloring its nice to have a neutral(grey) background
when animating it can be lighter and in the editing fase black would be better (to mimick a cinema feel)
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

...and obviously a custom button and shortcut key can be assigned to switching between the modes, which makes it even much more powerful than just simply switching on and off panels. for example, I like to draw on full screen (F12), but I still want to keep a brush toolbar in sight. if could only switch from this mode, to full customized animation mode, I would be very happy!