Easier rotation Out-of-Pegs

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Elodie

Re: Easier rotation Out-of-Pegs

Post by Elodie »

Still in the to do list, but this one is not easy to do :s
momo

Post by momo »

I dont get this feature request since the ctrl +click is already letting you rotate the out of peg drawing at any zoom level.
momo
Soom

Post by Soom »

momo wrote:I dont get this feature request since the ctrl +click is already letting you rotate the out of peg drawing at any zoom level.
Wow, this is great! I didn't know about this upgrade. But it's not complete - how about resizing also? but the main issue - rotation center change. If those two would be added, this could have been a real breakthrough!
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
momo

Post by momo »

Yes its really great. There is also the ctrl+alt+click to zoom in or out. I agree if the center of rotation could be changed it would be fantastic. Also it would make thing easier for everyone if this ctrl+ click function worked while using the transform tool.
momo
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

I think it's ctrl+left mouse button to rotate and ctrl+right mouse button to scale :)
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Soom

Post by Soom »

NathanOtano wrote:I think it's ctrl+left mouse button to rotate and ctrl+right mouse button to scale :)
ctrl-right mb doesn't do anything
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
Mike

Post by Mike »

NathanOtano wrote:... and ctrl+right mouse button to scale :)
Don't speak about stuff only in Beta :)
TVPaint Team
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

I was thinking that it was the same shortcuts for the old version :oops: sorry
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

momo wrote:I dont get this feature request since the ctrl +click is already letting you rotate the out of peg drawing at any zoom level.
While CTRL+click helps, there is still a problem...

And that is the alignment issue, this is most prominent when working zoomed in, in a corner of a large project.
the problem is in the position of the pivot.
Because the OOP rotation center equals the projectcenter, a rotation in a corner makes the drawing disappear from view.
So you then need to moove the OOP LightTable image quit a bit, and every subsequent adjustment to rotation requires more subsequent panning.

see image:
rotate-lightable.png
rotate-lightable.png (88.29 KiB) Viewed 22080 times
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM