holding a frame for cheap ;-)

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
oliveuk

holding a frame for cheap ;-)

Post by oliveuk »

a timeline similar to Flash where we can hold frames for a defined number of frames instead of copying them.

600euros for the obscure Xsheet is way too much for me. But that might just be me.

Or get some tool to allow people to do animatics with the cheapest version of TV paint.

At the moment, most of the people I know either use Flash, Combustion, After effect or some other 2d applications like Toon Boom (flash timeline). Some people use PAP but the interface is too clunky (non standard).

Olive
TVPaint
Site Admin

Post by TVPaint »

Hi Oliveuk,
you'll be probably glad to know that we have the solution and it will be included in the next updates of TVP Animation and TVP Animation Pro which is currently beta-tested ;)
CoreyAnimator

Post by CoreyAnimator »

does it have a scene manager like flash as well!? Or vector lines for inking while keeping pixel lines for pencil testing. If it had those things....This would be the greatest animation software of all time *echo, echo echo echo*
TVPaint
Site Admin

Post by TVPaint »

That kind of vector lines for inking is already available but might need some improvements to be competitive with the kind you may find in some other apps...
The scene manager is a good idea but not essential. So i can't really say that it will be implemented in some way some days but we will think of it.